Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wow his body is still warm all you think about is money?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this
I know this chick, I knew from the get go she was very much money driven. I don't judge, okay maybe a little but I got over it.

So her father just died yesterday. So I went to see her and offered her my condolences. She then tells me she was up and ready to go back to go to work. So I nicely suggested she took the time off to mourn her father. (Here we have a mandatory 3 day leave after the loss of a close relative/ parent)

So she said you know what? I will take those three days to fight. I asked fight for what? She said she wants to fight for the money her dad had on his will... O.o I mean COME ON WOMAN! The guy's body is still warm and all you want is his money? Wow a new way to deal with grief... I guess...

I am flabbergasted... Just no words...
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
csxt99
by Jennifer on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Death brings out the worst possible behavior in far too many relatives.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:02 AM

:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:04 AM
I know... It's sad. Such a fucking vulture.

Quoting csxt99:

Death brings out the worst possible behavior in far too many relatives.

ncbirdie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:06 AM

A woman back home was estranged from her husband.  I don't recall the why, but he decided to walk in front of a car.  Within hours, she had people showing up on her doorstep to put their bid in for things of his that they wanted.  It was disgusting.

GirlWithANikon
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe its some sort of closure for her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:10 AM
That is disgusting

Quoting ncbirdie:

A woman back home was estranged from her husband.  I don't recall the why, but he decided to walk in front of a car.  Within hours, she had people showing up on her doorstep to put their bid in for things of his that they wanted.  It was disgusting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:11 AM
I guess

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

Maybe its some sort of closure for her

leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:13 AM
That is so stupid and disgusting. I had a very elderly neighbor that my mom and I took care of. In the 14 years that we knew her none of her 3 kids called her or sent a birthday card. 2 days after she died, all 3 showed up to her home to look at her stuff and what they could have. She was a poor woman, she had nothing. It was amazing, they were pissed when they left.

Quoting ncbirdie:

cleansedbyglory
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:15 AM

:( yikes! the poor man!

V35
by Veronica. on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Was her father abusive to her when she was growing up? Was he absent or just an asshole? When my mother dies I plan to contest the will and the only reason I'm going to do that is so that her life insurance gets tied up in probate and eaten by lawyers. It's the best way to make sure my brothers don't see a dime. I know that's horrible  of me but my mother and brothers were horrible to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)