Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mixed Emotions... HELP PLEASE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
DH and I just moved out here a month ago. I have been completely miserable. I miss my family and my friends, and I can't really connect very well with the people here. I just feel completely isolated. I cry a lot, i sleep way more than i used to... i was already lazy but i am like, extra lazy being here...

i can't pull myself out of this funk at all, and i dont want to go home, because dh says if i do he won't come... which means divorce... and frankly i dont think being homesick is enough reason to get divorced....

i just don't know what to do... advice??
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:39 AM

Get out and meet people. Find some mommy and me groups or check out the library story time, it's also a good place to meet other moms. There's all kinds of things to do to meet others with like interests. If you stay busy you'll get used to being away from your parents and you'll make new friends. It helps a lot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:40 AM
Anyone, please? :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:41 AM
It isn't just my parents... actually i miss my sister more than anyone.. living so far away that we will only visit maybe once or twice a year is just hard... im from a really tight knit family... and i used to see my friends every weekend....

Quoting wooly:

Get out and meet people. Find some mommy and me groups or check out the library story time, it's also a good place to meet other moms. There's all kinds of things to do to meet others with like interests. If you stay busy you'll get used to being away from your parents and you'll make new friends. It helps a lot.

MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:42 AM
Get off your ass and meet people. Go out and talk to people. Look for book clubs and things like that. That's what I did when we moved and I've met some amazing people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:44 AM
I have met some people... most of the people in the area we live in are older than us, like 40s and up... and i just feel really awkward being 23 and trying to have conversations with people who are from my parents' generations...

Quoting MrsViau: Get off your ass and meet people. Go out and talk to people. Look for book clubs and things like that. That's what I did when we moved and I've met some amazing people.
elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:44 AM
Yeah. Just chill. Don't divorce a good husband because you want to live near mommy! Seriously. Give it a chance. Go and do things,meet people who share your interests or faith or something. It can take a bit, a month is not that long. I have been a military wife, so I understand moving and starting over and all that. But that is part of life and if it is something you end up doing like you have you do not divorce your husband over it taking some time to find your place and make friends!
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:45 AM
I was in the exact same situation, I moved from my whole family, and the first two years were awful. I, like you, spent days crying, sleeping and alone. The truth is, it's up to you, you need to keep pushing through. Baby and me groups like pp said, they helped me, trips to the park, you'll never know who you'll meet. Look online and find things and places to go and do! The only way out of the funk is to throw yourself out there. Good luck

Quoting Anonymous 1: It isn't just my parents... actually i miss my sister more than anyone.. living so far away that we will only visit maybe once or twice a year is just hard... im from a really tight knit family... and i used to see my friends every weekend....

Quoting wooly:

VibeRant
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:46 AM

If you don't like the people around you, at least start taking walks or getting out of the bed. Staying there will make you more depressed.

MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:47 AM
You're an adult! I'm also 23 and my friends range from mid 30's to late 40's. Just remember you're all adults now, age doesn't matter!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have met some people... most of the people in the area we live in are older than us, like 40s and up... and i just feel really awkward being 23 and trying to have conversations with people who are from my parents' generations...

Quoting MrsViau: Get off your ass and meet people. Go out and talk to people. Look for book clubs and things like that. That's what I did when we moved and I've met some amazing people.
ncbirdie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:47 AM

Been there.  Still dealing with it.  It isn't easy, especially when your family were your closest friends.  Despite what others have said, I've done a lot to "get out and meet people", but I don't really have any new friends as of yet and we're here 8 months now.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)