Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When people say "you're a hater" or "you're jealous"...

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:46 AM
  • 23 Replies
Do they really think people are jealous? I see some women living in terrible conditions here and when someone points it out the response is "you're jealous". (Actually it's usually "your jealous" but I digress)
Is it something they were raised with, the concept that if someone hurts your feelings that they want to be you?
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:50 AM
2 moms liked this
I think it's something people say to make themselves feel better, like they think they have something other people want when in reality, no one does.
TheRingmaster
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
It's a defense mechanism. Simple as that.
Hoppers33
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
That's always bugged me. It mostly annoys me when a woman doesn't think another woman is attractive. You're obviously jealous that she's prettier than you. It is, in fact, possible to just not like someone or something.
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's a defense mechanism. People feel better about their circumstances when they think they're desirable circumstances.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM
People need to fell better about themselves, it's a defense mechanism.
-Copper-
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

WSS.

No one is jealous of your (general your) poverty, your kid's heartbreaking mental or physical illness, your obesity (or "curves" for those who need coddled), or your "privilege" to stay at home when it means living hand-to-mouth on Walmart beans and toast and being one broken arm or fender bender away from disaster at all times.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I think it's something people say to make themselves feel better, like they think they have something other people want when in reality, no one does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

yes they actually think some stranger on the internet is jealous of them. It's insane but hey whatever floats their boat.

It's just a way for them to feel better about themselves, to think someone is jealous of them.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:55 AM

It can be annoying as hell, when its not true. But there are times I think it is true (on here)..there are obvious times people probably are.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Because if someone is jealous, it means others' insults aren't valid... In their minds anyway.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:00 AM
You summed it up well!

Quoting -Copper-:

WSS.

No one is jealous of your (general your) poverty, your kid's heartbreaking mental or physical illness, your obesity (or "curves" for those who need coddled), or your "privilege" to stay at home when it means living hand-to-mouth on Walmart beans and toast and being one broken arm or fender bender away from disaster at all times.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I think it's something people say to make themselves feel better, like they think they have something other people want when in reality, no one does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)