Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 in jan, still not potty trained

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:07 AM
  • 117 Replies
I've just let it go for months thinking that he would do it when he was ready. Now he's almost 4 (jan) and still not using the potty. He is very stubborn. I
wanted to try a pre-k program in the spring but can't do it if he's still in diapers :(
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
:( Sorry. What other methods have you tried?
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I just took off the diapers. He pooped his pants for a week, then got it. It was a long week, but worth it. Four is way too old.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:11 AM
DS took FOREVER to potty train, I feel your pain.

Just take the diapers off and clean up the mess for a few days. Actually, make him help you clean up the mess for a few days.
Guerita6hijos
by LaLocaGuera on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:14 AM
HAHA....yes, this exactly.

Quoting Rangermom772:

I just took off the diapers. He pooped his pants for a week, then got it. It was a long week, but worth it. Four is way too old.

big.city.mama
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:15 AM
My son is potty trained during the day only he is still in Good nights for sleep he will be 4 in April. I make him wear underwear during the day it took about 2 weeks for him to get the hang of it but also a lot of tears from both of us and a lot of washing of clothing lol Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:15 AM

My niece and nephew both were just weeks from Kindergarten before they were trained. But that was because their parents thought buying diapers was easier than putting any effort into training them. My nephew is in 2nd grade and still doesn't wipe his own butt..they've had to go pick him up from school or after school care several times because of this, and niece will be 6 in January and still wears pullups to bed.

They were so lazy....my niece would go on herself, clean herself up, and change her own diaper because they wouldn't help her get on the toilet, or take her to the toilet when they were out in public.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:18 AM

My son started school and he wasn't pooping in the toilet. He wore a pull up until the first week of school. Going anon because some people are bitches.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:18 AM
4 moms liked this

too old for who? Every child is different. It's also normal for a 12 yr old to have an occasional pee accident. Every child isn't perfect like I'm assuming yours are.

Quoting Rangermom772:

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
My biggest mistake was putting my son back in pull-ups every time he had an accident. Finally I just stopped and he had one or two accidents before getting it. My son was 4 when he finally got trained. He's still not 100% reliable at night though so he wears goodnight training pants at bedtime. I really believe daytime use of pull-ups/diapers held us back tremendously. I had to just bite the bullet.
DevonD83
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:22 AM
3 moms liked this
My son has several health issues and is not fully PT yet. He will be 4 on the 9th. I kept pushing and pushing them found out some pretty serious medical info last week and now I'm just going to let him do it on his own time. Shouldn't be long
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)