Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I failed yesterday

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I took dd(11) to dance.  I walked her up to the door, made sure she was in, and ran to pick up a Christmas present.  I got back and dd was still sitting in the waiting area.  I asked why....She said I dropped her off too early  Derp.  At least everyone was up there.  She and the girls on her dance team were running through some choreography.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I don't think that's a fail. Showing up late would've been a fail, IMO.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Accidents happen and she was fine, don't beat yourself up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I'm not seeing the fail part.  You made a human error because you're, you know, human.  And getting there a little early and hanging out with her other dance friends  without her mommy right there isn't exactly a crime.

*Ugh I'm such a failure!   I did this minor, inconsequential thing that had no negative bearing on my kid whatsoever!"  

Parents are so weird these days.  I don't get it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I'm not seeing the fail part.  You made a human error because you're, you know, human.  And getting there a little early and hanging out with her other dance friends  without her mommy right there isn't exactly a crime.

*Ugh I'm such a failure!   I did this minor, inconsequential thing that had no negative bearing on my kid whatsoever!"  

Parents are so weird these days.  I don't get it.

I just felt bad because I thought we were running late and made her a sandwich and chips for her dinner.  When I could have fed her more.  I sent her off with snacks.  But I had my nights switched.  We spend so much time there you would think I had this down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)