Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brand Names (spin off sort of)

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:32 AM
  • 12 Replies

Is there any brand name clothing that you will buy for your kids?  

For example I will only buy Columbia winter jackets for my kids. I have 5 kids and with their lifetime warranty I have not had to buy a girls jacket (except sizes I didn't have) since my oldest was 4.  Her coat that was a size 6/6x has been replaced 3 times already because of the zipper breaking and sometimes they will offer to send the next size up.

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I don't check the brand. I just pay attention to the material and any special washing directions...also the fit of course.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Nope.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Shoes we only buy expensive name brand shoes.  I also prefer clothing from Children's Place, Crazy 8, Gap etc. because it seems to hold up better.  Not so thin and better quality.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM

I will buy brand name if I can find a good deal

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM

I buy brand name for my teens. For my younger kids they really don't care, so I buy whatever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Clothes? Not really. I try to het Mudd jeans for my 10 year old because they fit her well, but she also has her fair share of other brands because they were cheaper.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM
I guess when they get older I will better be able to answer. My youngest has no clue, and the oldest is barely there. He thinks Nike and Under Armor are the height of fashion.
3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I never look for brand names unless I'm buying second hand.I found a really cute dress for my dd at a boutique thrift store for $4. I just thought the dress was really cute. When I got it home I realized it was a Ralph Lauren that retails for $60 (really? for a 5 year old!). When I shared this info (not the price, just the brand) on one of my facebook buy/sell pages, I had mothers offering $20 for it. She already tore the pocket so I probably wont' be reselling it any time soon.

cymkare
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:48 AM

I don't by clothing by brand. I don't see the point. 

I don't care if other people do but for all of us I see it as a waste of money. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:51 AM
When DS is old enough to ask for name brands, I'll buy them. He's only 6 right now and fancy labels aren't so important in first grade.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)