Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthcare tax credit question

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:37 AM
  • 7 Replies
So last year we bought health insurance through the healthcare market place. We had to predict our income for 2014, based on our prediction and what we made in 2013 we qualified for a tax credit.

But we made way more than we predicted...

So now what happens?
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

No idea but here is a bump

Ms.Pteranodon
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Thanks I have a feeling it means we will have to pay back the credit we received... Which sucks because we didn't really use the crappy insurance we bought

Quoting fullxbusymom:

No idea but here is a bump

Ms.Pteranodon
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Bump
wymama610
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:35 PM
I am in the EXACT same boat. I guess we will see when filing taxes? My insurance agent said he's not sure they really have a way of getting you to pay it back. Since it's not a tax and all......... Lol
Ms.Pteranodon
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Ugh.

So what are you doing for open enrollment this year? We are debating on if we should renroll. It didn't really save us anything.

Quoting wymama610: I am in the EXACT same boat. I guess we will see when filing taxes? My insurance agent said he's not sure they really have a way of getting you to pay it back. Since it's not a tax and all......... Lol
wymama610
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I re-enrolled :(

Went from a silver plan to a bronze, and still paying $100 more a month starting in jan.

We have an HSA and you have to have a plan to do that and put tax free money in, so I guess we will just keep paying for shit coverage, that we don't use because the damn deductible is so freaking high. $740 a month for 'free' birth control until hubs gets snipped, and 'free' well baby checks for the toddler. Yeah, thanks Obama! I guess if someone gets horribly hurt or gets cancer or something, (God forbid) it will be good to have it.

I did the max allowable income to still get a credit, so next year I'll just have to adjust our business deductions if we go over ;)

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon: Ugh.

So what are you doing for open enrollment this year? We are debating on if we should renroll. It didn't really save us anything.

Quoting wymama610: I am in the EXACT same boat. I guess we will see when filing taxes? My insurance agent said he's not sure they really have a way of getting you to pay it back. Since it's not a tax and all......... Lol
Ms.Pteranodon
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:21 PM
We are going to have to really really go through our business deductions to even qualify this year.

Quoting wymama610: I re-enrolled :(

Went from a silver plan to a bronze, and still paying $100 more a month starting in jan.

We have an HSA and you have to have a plan to do that and put tax free money in, so I guess we will just keep paying for shit coverage, that we don't use because the damn deductible is so freaking high. $740 a month for 'free' birth control until hubs gets snipped, and 'free' well baby checks for the toddler. Yeah, thanks Obama! I guess if someone gets horribly hurt or gets cancer or something, (God forbid) it will be good to have it.

I did the max allowable income to still get a credit, so next year I'll just have to adjust our business deductions if we go over ;)

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon: Ugh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)