Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a horrible mother!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I took my 7 month old into the bathroom with me, sat him on the floor with a toy, and started doing my bathroom thang.

At some point he dropped his toy, just out of both of our reach. Well he decided to get it himself, and toppled over trying. I heard him thump, but he just grabbed his toy and started playing like nothing mattered, not even a whimper. so I didn't think anything of it. I try not to over react so he won't.

I finished what I was doing, picked him up, and carried him to the living room to play. Then I grabbed a bite of my breakfast on my finger and offered it to him and he turned around to look at me and thee was blood all over his lip and cheek!

It wasn't THAT bad, but it was the first time I've ever seen him actually bleed beyond scratches he gave himself as a newborn.

No I don't have pictures. I cleaned him up before I posted on here.

Poor kid it probably took me 5 whole minutes to even notice he was bleeding! I'm the worst mom ever!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Obviously it wasn't that bad if he didn't cry about it. Dont worry about it.

IggyAzalea
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
That doesn't sound that bad. Don't beat yourself up over it.
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
If he didn't cry about it I wouldn't worry unless you notice that he never cries when something happens. Then take him to the doc, but most kids do this at some point.
ShaMac
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:47 AM
I feel like the worst parent fairly regularly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:47 AM
He very rarely cries over anything. He doesn't even really cry over shots when he gets them.

Should that worry me?

I mean, he does cry, some. But it isn't often.

Quoting SouthTxPrincess: If he didn't cry about it I wouldn't worry unless you notice that he never cries when something happens. Then take him to the doc, but most kids do this at some point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:49 AM
I'm SO going anon for this. When dd4 was not quite 3 months old I was in the middle of getting her out of the car seat when u suddenly had to go RIGHT THIS SECOND. Not thinking about it, I left her unbuckled in her seat On The Couch. Of course she fell, thankfully onto carpet. She had a little scrape and bump in her head. And, yes, I rushed her to her Dr to have her examined. Of course she was perfectly fine. I still feel bad about it. And now I have a rule that infant seats are never put anywhere other than the floor, whether a kid is in them or not.
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:50 AM
No he just has a higher pain tolerance than others. I was talking about him never crying about things, I shouldnt have said it because it doesn't apply to you and nothing you said made me think it applied to you. I havent had any coffee yet I'm sorry.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He very rarely cries over anything. He doesn't even really cry over shots when he gets them.

Should that worry me?

I mean, he does cry, some. But it isn't often.

Quoting SouthTxPrincess: If he didn't cry about it I wouldn't worry unless you notice that he never cries when something happens. Then take him to the doc, but most kids do this at some point.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)