Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why didn't he listen to me. I warned him this would happen

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
My X has a dd who is 7. Her bio mom abandoned her at 4 months old. Hasn't made any contact in all these years. Her rights were never terminated and a formal custody or child support order never made. I told him many times he needed to do that to protect himself and his dd. He always said I was worrying too much.

Guess who checked his DD out of school early yesterday.. And no one has any clue where they may have gone. The police told him, there is nothing they can do. I feel bad. But he should have listened.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:05 AM

that sounds like a school failure..they get a list of people who can check out the kid..even biological parents have to be put on the list..

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Hmmm I'm sure something could be done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Not when they show up with birth certificate in hand with ID and there is no court order in place. That's exactly what I told him the whole time we were together, that's exactly what the police told him too apparently, considering they said there is nothing anyone can do except track her down and take her to court. His dd must be terrified

Quoting quinnsmom715:

that sounds like a school failure..they get a list of people who can check out the kid..even biological parents have to be put on the list..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Yes now he has to track this woman down and try and take her to court. She can't be charged with kidnapping. Both parents names are on the birth certificate, and there was no court order as to who had/has custody. Technically she has custody now because the child is physically with her. His poor dd, she is probably very scared

Quoting thenameshailie: Hmmm I'm sure something could be done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Not true without a court order any parent  can come get their kids with proof they are the parent.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

julie515
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:13 AM
How did the biomom even know where she went to school? Did she make a scene because she was leaving with a stranger? If he is a single parent, shouldn't he have filed that when she started going to the school? That birth certificate could have been fake. With it this far in the school year her teacher should have known.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Seems there is a lot missing from the story.  If Mom isn't on any of the contact forms she can't take the kid unless Dad said it was ok.    If she really did walk in with a BC then the school is in a lot of trouble.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Maybe it's different in each district?  Here they absolutely cannot take the kid unless they are on the forms.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Not true without a court order any parent  can come get their kids with proof they are the parent.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Exactly. I told him for years to get that court order.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting quinnsmom715:

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Wow! Was he in contact with her family?
How did she find her??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)