Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have like 50 baby registries because I'm spoiled

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:33 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
I can't stop making baby registries.

My big one is at BuyBuyBaby. I chose it because it was so much fun to go there one time and they have this amazing furniture selection and its all set up like mini nurseries. But its really far away and a lot of my relatives are older and don't know how to order things online.

So my grandmother was like "Can you make one at a store that's nearby so I can just go there and buy things?" So I made one at Babies R Us.

And then I realized I liked some of the things that Target had...so I made a Target registry.

And I'm always on Amazon...so I kinda made one there too.

Dh says people are going to think I'm a spoiled princess (and I kinda am) but really, I'm using it as more of a shopping list for us. Like, there are bigger things on there but I don't expect anyone to buy us nursery furniture. Its just so I can either order it online easily or go in and get it quickly.

Is this ridiculous? I'm just having fun getting ideas and shopping bc when I was pregnant with my son, everyone was such a jerk about it bc I was young and we weren't married. Its like now that I'm married they're good to go and want to celebrate this pregnancy and I finally feel like I can be happy about having kids. Is that nuts?
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBug2013
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:36 AM

4 registries is not 50.  4 is totally reasonable.  We had at those 4 for the first baby.  Now we have at Target, BRU and Amazon.  I don't expect anyone to get us anything, but it's nice to have the lists and the free stuff from BRU and Target is nice. 

We don't have BBB near us, but if we go to that area we might set one up there too just to get the bag of free stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM

like 50? You have like 4.

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1:

like 50? You have like 4.

I just feel like its a lot.

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

4 registries is not 50.  4 is totally reasonable.  We had at those 4 for the first baby.  Now we have at Target, BRU and Amazon.  I don't expect anyone to get us anything, but it's nice to have the lists and the free stuff from BRU and Target is nice. 

We don't have BBB near us, but if we go to that area we might set one up there too just to get the bag of free stuff.

Its actually my second baby. But my son is 6 years old. And I didn't have a registrywith my first bc I was young and unmarried...my family made it clear they wouldn't be buying me anything bc I needed to "do it on my own."

I mean, I didn't expect them to foot the bill...but it hurt my feelings that I didn't get the same consideration and treatment as other pregnant women in the family. I mean, we could still afford our baby...things were just tight bc he was a surprise.

So I have mixed feelings. Like, I don't feel they "owe" my anything. They're asking for the registry this time. But I'm kind of overly enthusiastic about this baby bc I don't have any reason to be embarrassed. Its hard to explain. But bc things are different and the circumstances have vastly improved, I'm going all out. I'm just really enhoying being pregnant and talking about it bc I don't feel any need to let peopleknow that I know babies aren't easy.

mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:12 PM
When I had my first child I made registries at target and babies r us. I'd buy things off my own registry so people knew that thing was purchased. I can see why you have several registries. I didn't make a registry with my second child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:13 PM
With the completion discounts, multiple baby registries are a good idea.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:15 PM

I think its fine as long as you dont actually expect people to buy you stuff from all these places. If people ask, give them 1-2 places you are registered and leave it at that. Also a lot of places offer discounts on stuff on registries after the baby is born.

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:16 PM
I'm just having fun bc I feel like I can enjoy this pregnancy. For one, I'm not sick all the time like I was with DS, its just a different situation, and my family isn't being completely stupid about it. I mean, I've gotten "But you just started with a new company" and "What about college?" but for the most part, they're excited like they are for every other baby. And part of me is mad and kinda like, wtf, guys? But the other part is just so happy to have my aunts call me and ask about the baby, rather than just hammer home that babies are hard work and expensive...like I didn't know that the first time.

Like, I love that they're buying things for the baby. But not because I'm getting THINGS. Its because they're acting excited for me this time, rather than acting like I've made a huge mistake and they're disappointed. I know I shouldn't have cared so much with ds...but its hard to know that your family isn't happy for your pregnancy when they're gone all out for every other baby in the family.

Quoting mes_deux_amours: When I had my first child I made registries at target and babies r us. I'd buy things off my own registry so people knew that thing was purchased. I can see why you have several registries. I didn't make a registry with my second child.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:20 PM
That's awesome! Thanks. I didn't really know that.

I just get totally hooked when I'm looking at baby stuff. We can afford it. At first, we were going to get everything ourselves and I was going to throw my own shower. Like, I was gung ho on showing my family "Look, we can do this on our own, despite the way you acted last time."

But then they started asking about registries...and I got really excited bc THEY were actually excited for me. I about cried when my dad asked where I was registered and said they were doing Christmas at his house so the drive wasn't as long for me-because when I was pregnant with DS the only thing he said regarding the baby was "I don't think you understand the ramifications of this" and then whenever I mentioned something that wasn't 100% happy with being pregnant he was like "Well, this is what you wanted. Its not supposed to be easy." My family has never gone out of their way for me, I've bent over backwards for them for years, ever since ds was born.

Quoting Seagodess:

I think its fine as long as you dont actually expect people to buy you stuff from all these places. If people ask, give them 1-2 places you are registered and leave it at that. Also a lot of places offer discounts on stuff on registries after the baby is born.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:22 PM
I was only registered at babies r us. I wasn't too into the baby shower thing and only did it to make my wife's family happy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)