Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

By all means, add more fuel to the fire you stupid c***.... *ETA*

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:53 AM
  • 74 Replies
1 mom liked this

I posted a few days ago about how my mother paid off my student loans in full, and told me some sob story about wanting to patch things up with me. Yea, well, she lied.

My loans ARE paid off, but she called me this morning demanding to know why I'm going back to school right after she got my "stupid ass" out of debt, because, and I quote, "since you failed so dismally the first time around".

I just laughed and told her "You know what? Not only will I graduate, I'll wallk across that stage on graduation day with honors, if not as valedictorian!", then hung up.

I am NOT the same person I was back then. I was stupid, cowed, and only went to college the first time because she forced me to. I was so convinced that I was nothing more than the fuck up she always told me I was, that I never even tried.

In the future, when people who are battling with depression and PTSD ask if they'll ever be able to make anything of themselves, MY story will be told to give them hope. MY story will be told as proof that your past and diagnosis is irrelevant, the ONLY thing that matters is who you want to become, and whether you are willing to fight for it.

To hell with anyone who says otherwise!

ETA: I never asked my mother to pay my loans. I didn't even know she was planning on it until they payment had been made.I didn't want her to pay them because I was afraid she'd use it as leverage to do what she's now trying to do!

I only went to college in the first place because she forced me to. Like, stood over me with her hand on my shoulder in a death grip as I filled out the online application and a FASFA, wrote all of my emails to the school, and hovered around me whenever I had to talk with the school over the phone. She cosigned on my student loans, and took all the the money from the refunds so she could buy whatever she wanted. When I flunked out, she screamed at me for hours, not because I failed, but because she lost out on her extra spending money.

My mother has always been abusive. I have PTSD and depression because of her. So, yea, of course I'm pissed. I have every right to be!

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IggyAzalea
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:55 AM
5 moms liked this

She paid off your loans for you. "Thank you" may have been a more appropriate response here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I wouldn't call my mother a 'stupid c***'.  

SexyBurlapSack
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:57 AM
3 moms liked this

I DID thank her. Turns out she just used it as leverage to try to weasel herself back into my life so she could continue abusing me.

Lesson learned: A diagnosed narcissistic sociopath NEVER does anything out of the kindness of their own heart.

Quoting IggyAzalea:

She paid off your loans for you. "Thank you" may have been a more appropriate response here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

so everything is her fault and you will spend your life balming her for the choices you make.

Gypsy.Scribe
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:59 AM

surprised

SexyBurlapSack
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:59 AM

My mother is the reason WHY I have depression and PTSD. If you psychologically and verbally abuse your child to the point that they attempt suicide multiple times, you're a stupid cunt.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Congratulations to you on going back to school. Be grateful that your mom paid your school loan debts giving you the ability to be able to go back to school. Your past and diagnosis is irrelevant but it makes it that much harder to become who you want to become and fight for it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Sorry she's so hurtful towards you hugs.

Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

I DID thank her. Turns out she just used it as leverage to try to weasel herself back into my life so she could continue abusing me.

Lesson learned: A diagnosed narcissistic sociopath NEVER does anything out of the kindness of their own heart.

Quoting IggyAzalea:

IggyAzalea
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Yep. Your mom sounds like the crazy one in this situation.... totes.

Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

My mother is the reason WHY I have depression and PTSD. If you psychologically and verbally abuse your child to the point that they attempt suicide multiple times, you're a stupid cunt.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:03 PM

We must have the same mother. Mine forced me to go to college too and took the remainder of my loans. Her and my dad verbally, physically and mentally abused me my whole life. I finally got out with my DH and dropped out of college, because I never wanted to go in the first place, but now I owe 40k in student loans.

My parents completely brainwashed me and I am still working my way out of that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)