Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great Wolf Lodge help...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

We are going to GWL for a few days next week.  We have never been.  DH & I will be going with our (adult) dd and her 4 yr old daughter.  Can anyone give me any tips?  Should I take food, snacks, meals, drinks, etc?   Is it expensive to eat onsite?  Is there a continental breakfast?  Also, what other ammenities are inside the lodge other than the waterpark stuff?  We will be at the Charlotte NC location.
Thanks!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Bumping for help

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Anyone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Have you tried the website or calling them?
bcoll
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:55 PM
That's the one we go to. The food isn't too expensive but there are several restaurants and fast food places at the bottom of the road. They have vending machines. There is an arcade, the spa, the cub den place (can't remember the name) a gift shop a build your own animal place. A dunkin donuts and ice cream shop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Yes, I've checked everything out....except the continental breakfast, which was just an after thought as I was typing my OP.  Everytime I've ever been to a new vacation destination there were always things I learned to do differently the next time, so I thought someone who had been would have better info.  Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Have you tried the website or calling them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Thanks.  Did you enjoy your stay?

Quoting bcoll: That's the one we go to. The food isn't too expensive but there are several restaurants and fast food places at the bottom of the road. They have vending machines. There is an arcade, the spa, the cub den place (can't remember the name) a gift shop a build your own animal place. A dunkin donuts and ice cream shop.

Sydel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Not familiar with that location. The one in Sandusky in the middle of a busy shopping area and walking distance of a Meijer so you could easily go buy grocceries or eat out. Sandusky has a kid's spa, a wizard game, arcade, and a nightly show and activites for the 4 year old.

I imagine NC would have the same activites just can't assist with the food question.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:57 PM
Go to the website. It will tell you everything you need to know and give you menus and prices.
JoanahLee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Ive never been to that particular location, but ive done a lot of traveling with young kids and eating out three meals a day is stressful on the little ones, especially when the day is packed full of fun stuff.  If the hotel offers free breakfast, jump on that, otherwise find out it you have microwave etc.. or bring an electric kettle and do oatmeal, cereal and other easy breakfast things in the room.  We always pack lunch to eat at the hotel as well so that everyone can have a bit of down time.  If the kids are knocked over by lunch time we can stuff a PB and J in them and get them down for a nap in under 15 minutes...less time that it takes to get your drinks going out! Make lunch low key (and cheap!) and get everyone well rested and refreshed and use your time and energy to go out for nice dinners in the evening. 

momofhnd
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:04 PM
I think it's to expensive to eat there. You will better off taking food in with you. There is a breakfast served but that to was expensive in my opinion. We took sandwich stuff for lunch, there was one restaurant in there that had a family spaghetti meal that was somewhat reasonable that we did for dinner but had to snack afterwards because we were still hungry also took honey buns and donuts for breakfast
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)