Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dh called animal control on his parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

his parents have 3 dogs, a couple cats, a ton of birds and bils rats. bils rats had 2 litters, i adopted 2 babies from the last litter in october, anyway my rats just had babies and bils rats just had another litter, 6 of bils babies died only 3 are left, my rat had 6 babies and none died. every time one of their animals has babies 2 to 4(or six) of them die, and dh always thought it was normal because thats all he's ever known but now since my rats had babies and NONE died he called animal control to do a check up on all the animals. they got all their animals taken away....i feel kinda bad because the cats were my sils cats but then again they were just letting these animals die, hell a cat even died UNDER mil and fils bed last year......

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:30 PM

bump

abuckalew
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Do you think they are killing them on purpose (like with poison) or is it due to neglect?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:34 PM

i honestly hope you guys are never allowed over there again

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:35 PM

neglect

Quoting abuckalew: Do you think they are killing them on purpose (like with poison) or is it due to neglect?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Why because she actually cared for animals. Gasp she is such a horrible person.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

firespurity
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Some dying can be normal. 100 percent survival rate only exists in captivity and can't always been expected. More than half dying does seem like some sort of maltreatment or neglect. I think I had a German Shepard that lost one pup and a shitzue that had a stillborn in all my years. Plus I fostered a newborn kitten that passed (the vet assured me that sometimes they just die no matter what you do without a mom :'( I felt so awful.)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:39 PM

oh i know one dying is normal

Quoting firespurity: Some dying can be normal. 100 percent survival rate only exists in captivity and can't always been expected. More than half dying does seem like some sort of maltreatment or neglect. I think I had a German Shepard that lost one pup and a shitzue that had a stillborn in all my years. Plus I fostered a newborn kitten that passed (the vet assured me that sometimes they just die no matter what you do without a mom :'( I felt so awful.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:40 PM

they are animals, rats specifically who the hell cares?

Quoting Anonymous 3: Why because she actually cared for animals. Gasp she is such a horrible person.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:41 PM

i wouldn't feel bad. they aren't responsible enough to have pets. 

sam12796
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:41 PM

That is sad and if animal control found enough wrong to take the animals then you did the right thing. If the animals are dying like that then there is either disease or neglect going on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)