Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much weight could i lose if i...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Walk everyday for hours from now until christmas? Im 6 foot and 210lbs? Ill also be pushing a stroller and my kids total 55lbs. Any other ideas? Im trying to lose 40lbs.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:34 PM
About 210
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Not much.

See you have to find the balance between intake and output. The only way I can explain it is even if you are 500lbs if you just randomly start going into the negative cals, you will intitally drop a bit.. and then watch it pack back on.

Now if you stay above say, 600 calories net (assuming a normal intake of around 2100) you should lose somewhere in the ballpark of about 20lbs.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:37 PM

By the way// net calories is intake calories minus output/burned

so.. 1500 in food eaten - 800 calories burned = 700 net.

-ZombieSpider
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:38 PM

I don't know, but how about make a a life style change that you could live with?

Eat differently. For me I started eating smaller meals throughout the day instead of feast and famine....

There are plenty of quick snacks with little effort

Yes, walking is good

I don't know how much you will lose, but jut do something that is comfortable not something you want to do in a hurry.

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Just walking? Probably none
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:40 PM
I dont know how many calories i eat per day, i usualy have a bowl of cereal & yogurt for breakfast, a ham sandwich for lunch then whatever i make for dinner which im going to cut way back on portions and water to drink through the day.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Not much.

See you have to find the balance between intake and output. The only way I can explain it is even if you are 500lbs if you just randomly start going into the negative cals, you will intitally drop a bit.. and then watch it pack back on.

Now if you stay above say, 600 calories net (assuming a normal intake of around 2100) you should lose somewhere in the ballpark of about 20lbs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Iam not active at all the most i walk is to the car or in the parking lot. Walking for hours would be a huge step up

Quoting notjstasocermom: Just walking? Probably none
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM
kee1006b
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:05 PM
I lost 30 by cutting BACK carbs and waffling daily. Took me awhile, but I didn't want to change everything, just what I knew I could.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:06 PM
How long did it take to lose the 30lbs?

Quoting kee1006b: I lost 30 by cutting BACK carbs and waffling daily. Took me awhile, but I didn't want to change everything, just what I knew I could.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)