Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got called a selfish ***** because.... (VENT)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I have posted about this once before. Basically my SIL and my BIL broke up. When they broke up SIL left her dog with BIL so she could move to Tennessee. BIL ended up abandoning the dog a few weeks later to move in with his new girlfriend. The dog was left alone for a week with no food, water, or no one to take him out (so he had begun using the bathroom in the house).

Mutual friends of ours tried to convince ExDH and I to take the dog but we told them we couldn't. We have a DS3 and we are having our second child in February. We have 2 cats and a dog that I care for because, when we got the dog, DH was working very crazy hours. His hours aren't as crazy now, but they are unpredictable and I am unable to walk the dog (he is a pitbull who literally drags me if I try to walk him).Ex is now talking about getting a night job on top of his 4am - 2pm work schedule (so he will probably be working 3pm - ?) They dropped the dog and cage off anyway and didn't really ask, and then they texted us and said that they couldn't take the dog because of their landlord and they were sorry. We have a landlord too, and he would be pissed if he knew we have the dog here, but no one considered that! Someone let SIL know we had the dog and she contacted ex and said that she would like to come get the dog after she started her new job. She started her new job the week after and still hasn't come to get the dog. She just keeps saying she will but she hasn't and it's been over a month.

I can't walk the dog, I can barely care for him (I am on bedrest due to high risk pregnancy and he needs constant care. He isn't like our cats and dog who aren't as needy). He stinks and I can't stand the smell anymore. DH keeps him in our bathroom, which has not only stunk up our bathroom, but has now stunk up our bedroom too. I can't even stand to sleep in my bedroom anymore. We have tried numerous things to get rid of the smell and nothing. It's stressing me out.

I called the 3 animal shelters in our county, they are all full and have no room for big dogs. I called the only other shelter within a 100 mile radius of us and they cannot take him either (they said they couldn't accomodate his needs). There are no Rescues anywhere near us -- there was one but it shut down last year.

So I put the dog on Craigslist. I am hoping to find him a good home with people who have the space for him and can care for him properly. But the mutual friends saw the ad on craigslist, got pissed, and called ExDH and started cussing him out because I am a selfish bitch for wanting the dog gone. They are threatening not to speak to him anymore because of it.

At this point I don't even care anymore. I just need the dog gone. I want my house back.I feel like I am stuck with him! I want to be able to have my floors cleaned and then get to start decorating our room for the new baby (which I have put off because of the damn dog).

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
fallingstars13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

The dog would have been gone the moment it was abandon on my door step, Mil keeps trying to dump her pit with us, which we really don't have the room and just like you I'm pregnant and don't want to deal with a large ass dog.

momofirish3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:58 PM
That's horrible. You went above and beyond already. Hope you find it a home soon. I wouldn't want to be childish but take the dog back to the original owners and leave him there with a note saying he does not belong to you and if he is returned you will call the pound to pick him up and they will be dealing with a ticket. Good luck. Poor dog. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:27 PM

I don't understand why these "mutual friends" who seem to be so damned concerned won't take the dog themselves.

Hubris_Huntsman
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Why don't you bring the dog to SIL?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:13 PM
We live 600 miles away and I don't drive.

Quoting Hubris_Huntsman:

Why don't you bring the dog to SIL?

kristiwalker09
by on Dec. 6, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Poor dog. Hopefully you aren't taking it out on him. That's a tough situation.

I'd stick with craigslist and facebook to find him a new, loving family just be sure you place him with a good family instead of just pushing him off asap. They should be ashamed for just dumping him on you, and for being so careless with him.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Dec. 6, 2014 at 3:42 AM

I would have called animal control the minute that dog was dumped on my doorstep. I don't give a toss whose dog it is If I say I don't want it, it will be gone. Let the actual owners handle their own damn mess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)