Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shaving "down there" on a 14 year old

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:15 PM
  • 57 Replies

My 14 year old daughter recently asked me if she could shave "down there" because she didn't like having all that hair down there and would prefer it to just be clean shaven.

Do you think this is fine at her age? Also, what kind of razor should she use and how? I don't really have experience with shaving, I've always done the wax, but she doesn't want to do that.

Thanks in advance for any pointers you ladies might be able to give.

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM

o.O

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course its fine. She can use a regular razor, like for her legs.. make sure its a nice 4 blade (or more), or an electric mens face one.

4x4x16mom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM
I always used a mena razor, a shower mirror with a suction cup, trim it with clippers first, and I use coconut oil instead of shaving cream. And make sure she cleans up behind herself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:18 PM

i started to shave when i was 12, i just used venus, now i use the razors my dh boys

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM

I started shaving there shortly after I started my period, just with a regular razor like I used for my legs.

LittleRed80
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM
I know times have changed, but I didn't even know about shaving down there (except bikini line) until I was having sex.
What about trimming it?
Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Pretty much this, though I would warn her that it will itch when it grows back in

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Of course its fine. She can use a regular razor, like for her legs.. make sure its a nice 4 blade (or more), or an electric mens face one.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM
5 moms liked this
Good lord I never told my mom this. Just started doing it. Eek.
TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I shaved down there the minute I noticed hair. The same with my arm pits and legs. I even shave my arms. I hate hair! I use a regular razor.
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Oh yes...hat itch when you first start. Get her some mens no bump stuff, found by the mens shavers. The little blue bottle is THE BEST. its a tiny bottle, but lasts forever!

Quoting Night_Roane: Pretty much this, though I would warn her that it will itch when it grows back in
Quoting JDmommyJD:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)