Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being a mom with tattoos

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:23 PM
  • 56 Replies

I'm so often looked down upon because I'm a mom with tattoos. It really pisses me off. I am still just as responsible and keep my house just as clean and am just as involved with my family as before I had them. My tattoos don't make me any less of a mother, wife or daughter.

This rant is from a comment my mother just recently made about how she didn't want me to be one of those people with big, trashy tattoos. I'm beyond offended...

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicMary
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Right? I was a mom FIRST. The tattoos have been a fun way to express myself. I have always been "creative" and enjoyed art and just simply being unique.

So yeah, I am addicted to tattoos! I have 8 so far and I don't think being stabbed with a needle has changed my parenting at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, to be honest they do make you look trashy. If you didn't have them I wouldn't automatically think that. Sorry, human nature sucks sometimes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Hey, is what it is. Tattoos have always screamed "I'm trashy". If you didn't want that stigma you shouldn't have gotten them. Deal with it, don't blame those who think less of you. You chose to get all nasty.
Amybelle
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My Mom doesn't like my tattoos & makes bitchy comments about them, I seriously do not care

TaylorBaby
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:30 PM

i agree, i have tattoos and so many people look at me and treat me like trash. i don't care. mykids are fed and happy and healthy. i don't really give two shits about what people think.

Amybelle
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:30 PM
3 moms liked this

LMBO................no

Quoting Anonymous 2: Hey, is what it is. Tattoos have always screamed "I'm trashy". If you didn't want that stigma you shouldn't have gotten them. Deal with it, don't blame those who think less of you. You chose to get all nasty.

ashiilolo
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think they make you look trashy at all. Most of mine are on my back. I have one on my wrist but I will be getting a sleeve. It has nothing to do with parenting.
sineater
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
They kind of do.

Quoting Amybelle:

LMBO................no

Quoting Anonymous 2: Hey, is what it is. Tattoos have always screamed "I'm trashy". If you didn't want that stigma you shouldn't have gotten them. Deal with it, don't blame those who think less of you. You chose to get all nasty.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Yes, it looks trashy. That is my own opinion to shove up my own ass.

Quoting Amybelle:

LMBO................no

Amybelle
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:33 PM
8 moms liked this

well, at least you know exactly where it belongs good

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes, it looks trashy. That is my own opinion to shove up my own ass.
Quoting Amybelle:

LMBO................no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)