Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I'm never buying that again!"

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:34 PM
  • 149 Replies
2 moms liked this

I say about a few things today! Pizza crusts, tortilla chips and also tortilla wraps! I learned how uber uber simple they all are to make from scratch today. I'm pumped!

I've been on this wild cooking spree as of late. Last night I made my first rolls for dinner from scratch and days ago it was cinnamon rolls!

What do you no longer buy because you make it from scratch now?

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Remy11
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:35 PM
I make everything from scratch that is possible.
ashiilolo
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:35 PM
9 moms liked this
Nothing. I suck at cooking/baking. I wish I was better tho.
MagicMary
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok so I am technically eating healthier, but I feel I am eating alot more now LOL! I can't stop wanting to cook and try things!!

MagicMary
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:37 PM

I always did too! I always kind of hated it, but baking was ok, so this is where it all started. Learning to bake different snacks and yummies for my family! Now it's slowly went into dinners too and I am excited. Glad I can make cheap and healthier versions of things we buy all the time!

It's really not hard! Not all of it!

Quoting ashiilolo: Nothing. I suck at cooking/baking. I wish I was better tho.

MagicMary
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Awesome! I wish this was me now lol. Any favorites? or anything you've ever been SHOCKED at how easy it was and you never knew?

Quoting Remy11: I make everything from scratch that is possible.

MagicMary
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:41 PM

bump!

MagicMary
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Enjoy your wild cooking spree.

Remy11
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:44 PM
3 moms liked this
Umm.. Hmm, I've been doing it so long I can't recall. But I think I had duh moment a long time ago when buying taco seasoning as I had all the spices in my cabinet.

People are surprised when I say I cook from scratch and then actually see what I do. I don't use a can for anything. Like for the holiday goodies sweetened condensed milk is in lots of recipes.. I make it myself. Or condensed cream of mushroom soup, even my prepared horseradish.

I make my one condiments, ketchup, mustard mayo etc.. I always have homemade meat and veggie stocks. Anytime I have to make something with lots of veggies I put all my peels and and discards from the veggies into a pot and cover with water and book for a while.. Bam, I've used the waste, have more stock and then out the scraps in the compost, nothing wastes.

Quoting MagicMary:

Awesome! I wish this was me now lol. Any favorites? or anything you've ever been SHOCKED at how easy it was and you never knew?

Quoting Remy11: I make everything from scratch that is possible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:48 PM

I recently started making my own bread. DH noticed that I could use that same skill to make pizza crust, so now he says I'm not allowed to buy pizza anymore. xD He was like, "Oh, you can make homemade pizza..and calzones...and rolls, and buns." lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)