Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gun owners, a question.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

What kind do you carry? How did you decide on that one specifically?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maluffy
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:42 PM
I carry a Sig Sauer p238, usually in an ankle holster or sometimes in the waistband. I'm too fat and busty for a bra holster or a belly band.

Why that specific gun? I like the hand feel. It is compact, so it's easy to conceal, but it has a steel frame, so it's heavy for it's size. A slightly heavier gun seems to recoil less, and I have an easier time maintaining a tight group.

My husband carries the Sig 938 for all the same reasons, plus the ambidextrous safety. (He's a southpaw.)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:52 PM

I'm looking at the Walther 380 and Sig Sauer 380 and possibly the pink lady. I love the weight of the 380.

Quoting maluffy: I carry a Sig Sauer p238, usually in an ankle holster or sometimes in the waistband. I'm too fat and busty for a bra holster or a belly band. Why that specific gun? I like the hand feel. It is compact, so it's easy to conceal, but it has a steel frame, so it's heavy for it's size. A slightly heavier gun seems to recoil less, and I have an easier time maintaining a tight group. My husband carries the Sig 938 for all the same reasons, plus the ambidextrous safety. (He's a southpaw.)

the_dude
by abides on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Beretta Storm Px4 compact and inox, my Brother in law works for the government and it's what he carries. 

Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM
I carry a .40 Revolver.

I chose a revolver because of ease of use, easy to clean, and no potential to jam up when needed. .40 caliber is a little rough, especially with hollow pout rounds, but it will do it's intended job if needed. It's small and I can carry it in an ankle holster, my purse, or a corset holster. Easily hidden.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I bet the weight on that feels nice. I don't like handling lighter ones, they don't feel right.

Quoting the_dude:

Beretta Storm Px4 compact and inox, my Brother in law works for the government and it's what he carries. 

maluffy
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:00 PM
I have a Walther PK380. I have to be honest and say I don't love it. The grip itself is the most comfortable I've ever held, but the gun itself is light (carbon frame). I have control problems with it. It recoils, wanders, and I feel more like I wrestle with it. If I was going to get a Walther, it would be a PPK. They look cool and are again, heavy given their compact size. Doesn't hurt that the PPK is what James Bond has carried since the 60's.

I would definitely suggest looking at the Sig 238. It's a .380.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:01 PM

That sounds nice. I haven't decided where to carry. It sounds like a lot of women ankle carry.

Quoting Medic32: I carry a .40 Revolver. I chose a revolver because of ease of use, easy to clean, and no potential to jam up when needed. .40 caliber is a little rough, especially with hollow pout rounds, but it will do it's intended job if needed. It's small and I can carry it in an ankle holster, my purse, or a corset holster. Easily hidden.

AriaJ2301
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Desert Eagle 1911. I know that if I need to use it for home defense I can easily take a person down with one shot. I wanted the desert eagle 50 cal but my husband said no

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:04 PM

So you suggest the ppk if I go with the Walther?

Quoting maluffy: I have a Walther PK380. I have to be honest and say I don't love it. The grip itself is the most comfortable I've ever held, but the gun itself is light (carbon frame). I have control problems with it. It recoils, wanders, and I feel more like I wrestle with it. If I was going to get a Walther, it would be a PPK. They look cool and are again, heavy given their compact size. Doesn't hurt that the PPK is what James Bond has carried since the 60's. I would definitely suggest looking at the Sig 238. It's a .380.

the_dude
by abides on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I like them, Very balanced. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I bet the weight on that feels nice. I don't like handling lighter ones, they don't feel right.

Quoting the_dude:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)