Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't be the only one gosh darn it!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:40 PM
  • 31 Replies

Who else has crappy hair? I have to wash my hair every 2 days. If I don't, it gets really greasy and nasty. And to add to it, I have dandruff so freakin bad. I have tried prescription shampoos to help with it, and it doesn't. I have tried Head and Shoulders and the T-gel stuff and it doesn't work. I have also tried Perk and it doesn't work. I do not use conditioner because it makes it worse. What can I do to help with this? I do not straighten it, I do not blow dry it, I do not curl it, I don't use gel in it, I don't use hair spray. So all in all, it is all natural, no products other than shampoo are used. Any help?

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BobKitten13
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:20 PM

No one else has this problem??? 

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Try essential oils. I can get you a good link if you want.
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I can't help with the dandruff because I don't have that problem. But I do have really oily hair.  Its gets pretty gross if I don't shampoo it at least every other day.  The only products that touch my hair are shampoo and conditioner.  I don't use any styling products and no blow drying or curling here.  I use hot oil treatments on my hair usually every 6 months or so.

BatmanWondaWomn
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Yes!! Minus the dandruff..
IggyAzalea
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Conditioner might make it worse for a while but eventually (after all the dead skin is conditioned and exfoliated) it actually should help. Talk to your hair stylist too and get their opinion. 

kmeow
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:24 PM
You can get prescription shampoos if the over the counter ones don't work for dandruff. They're selenium based still, just double strength. I think most people have to wash their hair at least as often as you or it gets greasy. I wash mine every day.
BobKitten13
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM

What kind of essential oils?

Quoting gwebkeijmmm: Try essential oils. I can get you a good link if you want.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Try putting Vaseline on your scalp. My friend gets bad dandruff and started doing this once in a while and it really helped. Talk to a hair dresser and ask for advise. Have you tried different shampoos and conditioners? It usually takes a while for your hair to adjust to a new one, but once you find one that works, its great. One thing I found out about my hair is that it reacts better when it is dyed. It doesn't get as frizzy and doesn't get greasy as fast. My hair dresser told me that some people's hair reacts better when its treated.

BobKitten13
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I thought the hot oil treatments were bad to use?

Quoting theosgirl45:

I can't help with the dandruff because I don't have that problem. But I do have really oily hair.  Its gets pretty gross if I don't shampoo it at least every other day.  The only products that touch my hair are shampoo and conditioner.  I don't use any styling products and no blow drying or curling here.  I use hot oil treatments on my hair usually every 6 months or so.

BobKitten13
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM

What do you use?

Quoting BatmanWondaWomn: Yes!! Minus the dandruff..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)