Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really SIL?!!!! *might be TMI*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Like seriously. I have been having health problems and every time I have one she suddenly has something wrong with her.

Last time I developed eczema and suddenly she is saying she had staph and after I told MIL my diagnosis she told SIL and suddenly SIL has eczema too.. Turns out they were "wrong" about the "staph". Then right after I had my miscarriage she was suddenly having a miscarriage even though she was just telling me the week before that she hadn't had sex in almost a year and thought it was hilarious. Well now I am suffering from a uterine condition that caused me to bleed for almost 2 months straight this last time and the bleeding was so bad I was going through an ultra tampon and overnight pad every 10-15 minutes. I finally got a diagnosis for it and we are getting it worked out so I, of course, told MIL because we talk a lot. We get along very well.. But she told SIL and now SIL is sitting here, on facebook, saying she is going to the er and I texted her and asked why and she texted back saying she is bleeding through a regular tampon every hour and how "bad" her bleeding is. I just said, ok you have fun.

It just gets annoying. It is like dealing with a child. I actually have a pool going with DH and my own mother and my other SIL and a few other people betting on what it is going to be this time. I am betting on she is going to say she is having another "miscarriage". (She has done the miscarriage multiple times. When she totaled her car she didn't get enough attention from it so she then said she was miscarrying from the car accident.. And just so everyone knows she rammed her car into a pole and came out without a scratch.)

I just don't understand WHY she HAS to do this EVERY SINGLE TIME something is wrong with me. Everyone else has picked up on it except MIL though.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AriaJ2301
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Wow. That would be annoying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM

It is. I try to ignore it but it gets to me sometimes.

Quoting AriaJ2301:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM

cat

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Maybe she is jealous you get on well with your MIL?

AriaJ2301
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM

I'd probley end up mad enough that I would say something to her.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting AriaJ2301:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Maybe? We talk almost daily through text but it isn't like she can't do the same thing.. But I have noticed since I met her that she LOVES the attention she gets from illness or injury. I hate it. I HATE being sick and going through this hell I am going through right now.

Quoting mem82:

Maybe she is jealous you get on well with your MIL?

M4LG5
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Sounds like she has Munchausen Syndrome.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I said something to her once like 2 years ago. But I was on a new medication that was making me blow up a lot so DH just told her it was that after I stormed out. And it was that because I don't blow up at people. Not me at all.

Quoting AriaJ2301:

I'd probley end up mad enough that I would say something to her.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting AriaJ2301:

fallingstars13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I have a cousin like that but it's doesn't stop at illness, everything is a one upper with her. You announce an engagement she starts re-post her old wedding pictures, mention your pregnant and she is too but with a zillion medical issues. She made a post once that her water broke and they sent her home, and she also had a blood disease on top of that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:40 PM

I would not be shocked. My little sister actually suffered from that but it was anything my mom had she had and it was always worse. I am just like, what are the chances of this?!!

My sister was always lying to the doctors about conditions she didn't have (I went with her to a few appointments) and lying to people about what the doctors said. This child seriously tried to say she had scoliosis and fibro and a bunch of other things that her doctor clearly said she did not have... I can't even begin to tell you how many times she dragged herself to the ER complaining of symptoms she didn't have. Eventually the ER caught on so she started going to a different one. Just glad she moved out and is now getting help.

Quoting M4LG5:

Sounds like she has Munchausen Syndrome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)