Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My cheap confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I order freebies throughout the year.  Near Christmas I'll go through them to make goody bag gifts for family members, so I don't have to buy for anyone.  I buy my children gifts, and my SO.  Sometimes I will buy my siblings if I can't put together an adequate goody bag..

I look through freebie sites daily, and always have something coming in.  Some people know I do this, and some people don't.  I still take a fair amount of time to look through things that I think family members will like, I just don't spend any money.

I also ask anyone who may buy a present for me to get household items as gifts.  Big things of toilet paper, garbage bags, toiletries, anything along those lines.  Not because we have issues affording them, but because it's less money I have to spend that month.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momasaurus420
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Win! Lol
angelachristine
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:58 PM
You're weird but congrats on saving money I guess. Lol
seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:59 PM

What are these Freebies you're going on about?

There's free stuff on the internet?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Quite a bit.  You just have to have the patience to fill out a bunch of surveys, and wade though the bullshit ones.  A lot of the time there sample size things (which I use for myself), and sometimes you'll get lucky and find full-sized, which I save for the goody bags.

If this was a sarcastic question, I am sorry.  I have had about half a pot of coffee and can't comprehend much rigtht now.

Quoting seemommyrun:

What are these Freebies you're going on about?

There's free stuff on the internet?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)