Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do people not RSVP anymore?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

I rented out a space at a bounce house facility for DD’s birthday party this weekend. Three people have replied for their kids out of 14. THREE. I have no way to get in touch with them because our daycare doesn’t hand out contact info for parents (our last one did). The daycare teachers were the ones who suggested handing out the invites for me almost three weeks ago (which they said is what they typically do for other parents in the past) and now I’m thinking that most of the parents didn’t see them or something. I’m just feeling bummed I guess. I really hope more come. We’re still new to the area and DD has only been at this daycare since September. I’ve really been trying to meet some of the other parents for play dates and such but it’s difficult since I also work full time and DH frequently travels for work.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:08 PM
That's one reason we don't have birthday parties. I always ask DD to ask 2-3 friends to go out to dinner and a sleepover....I have no patience for chaos like that anymore
ashiilolo
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
We always RSVP. It's rude not. The parents need an estimate of how Many kids will be attending.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:08 PM

No people dont rsvp anymore, they are entitled and you should know enough to read their minds.

The can't make it ones.

The we will be there ones

The I will be bringing 5 extra kids with me ones.

Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM

It's hard without asking each parent if they received the invite or sent out a reminder note or something. But at the same time, they may not feel obligated to being that they are young, it's only daycare and she's still fairly knew. Since DD has been in daycare (nearly 2 years) she has received about 3 invites. Thankfully the parent gave all kinds of ways to contact them that I was able to at least send an email to them. My schedule is too hectic to make sure that I'm not working, DD isn't with her Dad or we're not doing something with family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM

No they don't. They only respond if they are coming. A good rule of thumb for me for class/daycare parties  is the turnout is only about 25%....so in your situation with 14 invites 3-5 sounds about right for turnout.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Nope no one rsvps anymore. My sons first bday not one rsvp and there were over 30 adults plus their kids. (We had a moonjump and water slide at a park)
kewimom
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Ask the teacher if you can put a note by the Sign In/out spot. Asking for parents to call you.
aidensmom0407
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:13 PM

It is really annoying that people don't do it.  It's a lack of respect for the person planning the event.  

butterfly61806
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:25 PM
This is why we stopped attempting to do birthday parties there's never any RSVPs and no one shows up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I offered email and even text. I thought more would be open to text these days. I wish there was an easier way but it is what it is. Right?

Quoting Garnet_Iris11:

It's hard without asking each parent if they received the invite or sent out a reminder note or something. But at the same time, they may not feel obligated to being that they are young, it's only daycare and she's still fairly knew. Since DD has been in daycare (nearly 2 years) she has received about 3 invites. Thankfully the parent gave all kinds of ways to contact them that I was able to at least send an email to them. My schedule is too hectic to make sure that I'm not working, DD isn't with her Dad or we're not doing something with family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)