Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth control and ovulation question. Probably TMI

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Asking here because I cant find a decent answer with Google and I thought maybe some of you lovely ladies might have some insight. And I know people IRL in my private groups that I dont necessarily want to know about this so I dont want to ask there either! 

Anyways...

Stopped taking BC, spotted for a couple days, had unprotected sex a week later, now it's another week later with no period at all. 

I'm also known for getting pregnant if DH even looks at me sideways. 

When does one typically ovulate after quitting BC? Does it just depend on the person? Can you ovulate right after? 

How do you decide when you can reliably test when you dont know or dont have a LMP? 

It's fine, either way preggo or not, I'm just curious at this point, and if I am I need to make some medication decisions.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Its different for everyone and its entirely possible that you ovulated. Its also entirely possible that your cycle is just completely fucked up and you may not get a period for awhile or be very irregular. But it's only been 2 weeks since you stopped? I would give it another 2 weeks before testing unless you start having pregnancy symptoms. I wouldn't trust a negative test this early though.
DW030714
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this

As far as the meds, pretend you're pregnant and follow those guidelines until you can take a test and know for sure. I got pregnant with my first after missing a few pills.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:40 PM

That's what I was wondering, if a negative test at this point would be reliable. 

Quoting SunshneDaydream: Its different for everyone and its entirely possible that you ovulated. Its also entirely possible that your cycle is just completely fucked up and you may not get a period for awhile or be very irregular. But it's only been 2 weeks since you stopped? I would give it another 2 weeks before testing unless you start having pregnancy symptoms. I wouldn't trust a negative test this early though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)