Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ouch I got hurt on....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

While at work today I hit my elbow very hard. Most of the day my elbow and arm really hurt. At the end of my shift I had to carry a baskit and couldn't bare any wait on that arm. I asked if I should make a report and was told "we all hit our elbows and arms just ice it and you'll be fine". 

Well now my elbow and arm are swelling up. I'm typing one handed. 

I know it is to late to make a report but I am thinking about making an appointment to be seen because of the pain and swelling. My elbow clicks every time I try to unbend it. 

Now if this is job related am I screwed because I was told not to report it? On the time clock it always asks if we got hurt, I said no because I was told to not report it. Uuuuggggg

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Them telling you not to report it is illegal. They can get in big trouble with OSHA for that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:09 PM
I think you have 24 hrs to report it.
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Why is it too late to make a report? It happened today. Go to a doctor if you must. But file a report tomorrow.

ladybugrooke
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:11 PM
REPORT IT. Someone telling you not to is wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Well it is to late to as I can't do it through the time clock like we should. An it is to late as I've already drove an hour away from work to home.

Quoting blessed107:

Why is it too late to make a report? It happened today. Go to a doctor if you must. But file a report tomorrow.

blessed107
by Diamond Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Now you know for future reference to file as it happens. Someone could easily say it must have happened at home. You know, so they can't be held liable.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Well it is to late to as I can't do it through the time clock like we should. An it is to late as I've already drove an hour away from work to home.

Quoting blessed107:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)