Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

everything seems to be wrong with this pregnancy...

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:19 PM
  • 16 Replies
Exactly as my title says. :'(
I was diagnosed with ICP (cholestasis) which is a liver bile acid imbalance. Basically you are forced to induce at 37 weeks to lower the risk of stillbirth. I have some sort of underlying liver issue that ive seen a special doc for and they still dont know what exactly is going on.
Then I believe I have symphysis pubis dysfunction because of all the pain ive been in. Im waiting for my appointment next week to confirm.
now I got a call today. My gestational diabetes test came back and it was pretty bad.
fasting was good.
1st draw needed to be under 179 and mine was 232.
2nd draw needed to be under 154 and mine was 154.
3rd draw needed to be under 139 and mine was 146.
this sucks. With my other 2 pregnancies I had 1 number elevated and they said it was fine. I eat kinda better this time and sometimes cant even eat much (thanks heartburn and liver issues).
I just feel so down right now. Everything is going wrong. I freak out when I pee. I find myself stopping the stream wondering if my water broke and im thinking im peeing when im not. Every pain im wondering if im having preterm labor. Im scared to move too much or do too much in case I stress my body.
I dont even know what to do for the GD. I have a class to take next week. Will I really know what to do from 1 class? How can I help this when I can barely eat most times? How are my levels even up?
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:24 PM
I'm sorry you are so worried and stressed. Please try to relax. I was induced four times -- no problems (sure there can be but think positive). Go to the class, take notes (or take someone with you if you can). This is all worth it--lol, babies are way more work than this once they are born.
OshKoshByotch
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:25 PM

No advice here. :( But I hope you can relax a little and I am sending good vibes your way. 

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I'm sorry :( I know this might be impossible but try not to stress too much! Sending some good thoughts and vibes your way!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:38 PM
*hugs*
funny_girl3
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:46 PM

I was induced with both pregnancies, my first at 37 weeks (for preeclampsia), my second on my due date (for hypertension).  Be prepared for the nurses to take your baby away right away to be checked, as 37 weeks is a little early and they do extra checks to make sure baby is ok after delivery.  But my son was fine being born at 37 weeks and didn't need any intervention beyond a bili-blanket for jaundice.  I know what it's like to be scared of your own body, because of my bout of preeclampsia with my first baby, I spent almost every second of my second pregnancy in terror.  Every ache and pain meant something awful was happening.  If I felt a little dizzy or lightheaded I immediately panicked and thought it meant I was about to have a seizure.  I constantly checked my vision to make sure I wasn't seeing stars.  I made myself crazy and I wish I could go back and tell myself to relax and enjoy being pregnant.

theboyfactory
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM
How many weeks are you? What level are your bile acids at? Are you taking Urso? If not, even if your levels aren't high, I would take it based on symptoms alone. If you are symptomatic, despite what your levels are, go on the Urso.
cristinam900911
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:55 PM
With dd i was induced. I had icp with her and my levels were so high they induced at 36 instead of 37. That was my only problem. I plan to take note and bf is going with. I just hope I do everything correct. Im horrible remembering daily things and I HATE needles. When docs do it im fine... but idk if I can poke myself.

Quoting myshoes: I'm sorry you are so worried and stressed. Please try to relax. I was induced four times -- no problems (sure there can be but think positive). Go to the class, take notes (or take someone with you if you can). This is all worth it--lol, babies are way more work than this once they are born.
cristinam900911
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Is seeing stars a sign of preeclampsia? I see them all the time. :/

Quoting funny_girl3:

I was induced with both pregnancies, my first at 37 weeks (for preeclampsia), my second on my due date (for hypertension).  Be prepared for the nurses to take your baby away right away to be checked, as 37 weeks is a little early and they do extra checks to make sure baby is ok after delivery.  But my son was fine being born at 37 weeks and didn't need any intervention beyond a bili-blanket for jaundice.  I know what it's like to be scared of your own body, because of my bout of preeclampsia with my first baby, I spent almost every second of my second pregnancy in terror.  Every ache and pain meant something awful was happening.  If I felt a little dizzy or lightheaded I immediately panicked and thought it meant I was about to have a seizure.  I constantly checked my vision to make sure I wasn't seeing stars.  I made myself crazy and I wish I could go back and tell myself to relax and enjoy being pregnant.

cristinam900911
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Im 28w4d. My levels as of last test was 7.8. They consider normal until you get over 24. Ive read everywhere its 10. My next appointment is tuesday and im demanding a retest.

Quoting theboyfactory: How many weeks are you? What level are your bile acids at? Are you taking Urso? If not, even if your levels aren't high, I would take it based on symptoms alone. If you are symptomatic, despite what your levels are, go on the Urso.
mommyoflittles
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:08 PM

How many weeks are you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)