Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is your SO not affectionate?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Or is mine the only weird one? He doesn't even call his mom "mom", to give you an idea of the type of person he is. He grew up being given NO affection, and in turn refuses to kiss me and hates saying I love you. I have learned how to read his feelings, I know he loves me and such...but it hurts a bit. I would like to hear it. Anyone else?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
csh.1310
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I don't think I could be with someone like that. I need affection. My grandma is the sme as your husband...she grew up with zero affection and was neglected. Wish she could say she loves me like normal grandmas.

VicVinegar
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:29 PM
My SO is ALWAYS kissing me, grabbing my ass and hugging me:)
MrsGerbode4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:29 PM
My husband is very affectionate. We are constantly hugging, kissing, holding hands, saying I love you, snuggling, etc. It would bother me if he weren't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Yeah that;s where I'm stuck at...my needs or his? I give him affection and show him what its like to be loved. But I cant not be kissed ever again. I still have dreams like a teenager of romantic kisses and things lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:30 PM
We aren't overly affectionate at all. I had a boyfriend that always wanted to touch and hold hands I hated it. I also don't need to say I love you all the time. He is the same so we work really well.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM
We're affectionate and say I love you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Mine is very affectionate because he knows that's what I need.

Have you talked to him about it? Have you tried to figure out yours and his love languages?
drowningmama
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Dh is overly affectionate. Sometimes he smothers me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:32 PM
My moms mom was like that too, although my mom was very affectionate to all us kids, I think BC my grandma wasn't, so I guess it all worked out!

Quoting csh.1310:

I don't think I could be with someone like that. I need affection. My grandma is the sme as your husband...she grew up with zero affection and was neglected. Wish she could say she loves me like normal grandmas.

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:33 PM

My husband is super affectionate, but I am like your husband. I am not a physically affectionate person. I fake it for my kids, but personally, I would prefer not to be touched unless it is in the manner that I want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)