Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh no, not this feeling again.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

Do you ever feel like you are bored with life in general? On the outside, it would appear that I have this oh so great life but on the inside I feel like I'm missing something. Like I should be doing something. When this feeling hits me, I, like, go into a shell. I isolate myself. I avoid talking at all. I am a mother of one and married for over 10 years. I don't return phone calls, I get mad at people whom I haven't talked to in months (why don't they ever call ME and see how I"M doing, I'm always calling people). Ugh! I hope tomorrow is better.

If you get like this sometimes, what do you do about it? Just ride it out? It's getting worse as I get older. I've noticed that.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DW030714
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I'm no doctor but it sounds like you might have depression.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Quoting DW030714:

I have signs of depression?

nb34
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Sounds like depression. Talk to your doctor about it.

DW030714
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Yes, what you've said is EXACTLY how my sister describes it. She was diagnosed about 4 years ago.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting DW030714:

I have signs of depression?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM

And have her prescribe me an Antidepressant? The side effects include feelings of suicide.  Nah uh, that's okay. I'm not THAT bored.

Quoting nb34:

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:41 PM

i have feelings like you do, have also been diagnosed with depression and i refuse meds, they make me way way loopy, like i'm having an out of body experience.

sometimess you just have to take it day by day. i try to find activities that i like and enjoy and take me out of every day life for a few minutes. even if it's just sitting on the porch watching the bird feeder. or finding a thrift store to browse through. do something for YOU. however small and brief. i find that helps for me.

and those people who never call you. i suggest you stop calling them.

{{{hugs}}}

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM

So the majority of my life has been spent working towards something. I have accomplished every goal I set out for some happened without my being aware of the fact that I wanted it lol.  I'm thinking, what next? There's nothing to work towards now. I have my family, I'm self employed, beautiful home, but of course that's just 'stuff'. It's like my brain has to concentrate on something else because everything that I have now is just routine (friends included). Do you all know what I mean?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM
That's how I feel too! Why am I going to take something ad risk feeling worse. Lol I've always found those weird about antidepressants.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

And have her prescribe me an Antidepressant? The side effects include feelings of suicide.  Nah uh, that's okay. I'm not THAT bored.

Quoting nb34:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Thanks so much for your advice. I love going to thrift stores, I spend hours reading books, looking through racks of clothes and it definitely is therapeutic.  I haven't done that in a LONG while. I think I'll do it tomorrow (off day).

Yeah I no longer keep in touch with people like that. What I find to be irritating is how I was the only one carrying those relationships...a few FOR YEARS. Oh well.  

Quoting mojogirl:

i have feelings like you do, have also been diagnosed with depression and i refuse meds, they make me way way loopy, like i'm having an out of body experience.

sometimess you just have to take it day by day. i try to find activities that i like and enjoy and take me out of every day life for a few minutes. even if it's just sitting on the porch watching the bird feeder. or finding a thrift store to browse through. do something for YOU. however small and brief. i find that helps for me.

and those people who never call you. i suggest you stop calling them.

{{{hugs}}}

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:10 PM

LOL Right! The problem is that once you control one hormone, you can't control another whose function may be to keep you balanced mentally or even physiologically . What the hell are you supposed to do, take a pill for every side effect, too? That doesn't sound healthy at all.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That's how I feel too! Why am I going to take something ad risk feeling worse. Lol I've always found those weird about antidepressants.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting nb34:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)