Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you extremely picky about used items?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am selling my kids' indoor trampoline which has some wear but even after 5 years it works like it is brand new. I am selling it for over  50% less than what I paid for it. Well a lady was interested in it and then she *gasp* noticed some old remnants of tiny stickers on the front of it, in the pic I sent her. They were princess stickers and DD, 2 years old, decorated it. I removed the stickers with a wet rag.  I even mentioned it in the pictures. It took me 5 seconds to wipe them off. She said "eh I'm just not a sticker person" Even after I consoled her they are gone. Sorry but I just cant stand that shit. It took me 5 seconds. The toy is not brand new. My price was firm yet I accepted her lowered price. She sounded pretty damn lazy and a nightmare to deal with. It was a few tiny sticker peels for god sake.

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I don't pay for something unless it is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't care if something is used, but if it has stickers on it, I wouldn't want it either.

MilkLover0203
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:13 PM
How much did you pay, and how much were you charging?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:15 PM

it all depends what i am looking for. trampoline outside, with leftover stickers, yea  i don't think i would care about that. 

Owl_Feather
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:22 PM

the stickers were wiped off though! She just wasnt having it, being told  that they were gone. I even offered to take a new picture for proof. I think maybe she was using that as an excuse or something.

Quoting lenashark:

I don't pay for something unless it is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't care if something is used, but if it has stickers on it, I wouldn't want it either.

Owl_Feather
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:24 PM

$66 and I am selling it for $25 considering it still work like it is brand new. No stains, little wear and the pieces of leftover stickers were wiped off.

Quoting MilkLover0203: How much did you pay, and how much were you charging?

MilkLover0203
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Put it on Craigslist. If that isn't where you have it listed already. $25 is a decent price.

Quoting Owl_Feather:

$66 and I am selling it for $25 considering it still work like it is brand new. No stains, little wear and the pieces of leftover stickers were wiped off.

Quoting MilkLover0203: How much did you pay, and how much were you charging?

KennyPooPoo22
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Was the sticky still on? That's the only reason I would have a problem. But goo gone takes that off anyway
mrsmoonbeam
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:30 PM
If I am buying something I make sure its in good condition. If its free not so much,I just got two pairs of tennis shoes Nikes one has a small hole in the toe the other pair looks brand new. I also got a pair of Fila skeltoes and two pairs of cowboy boots they are worn but in good shape. plus a shit load of Tshirts 4 pairs of sleep pants and my son got two pairs of jeans a bunch of shirts and a pair of sleep pants. a family member had a roommate leave and left their stuff, they were going to toss it so I brought the clothes home. I washed them all so they are fine. some of Tees are from a diffrent school district so my son cant wear them to school but he can wear them at home or to sleep in but there were several mens shirts that look brand new. I wish one of the pairs of Nikes fit him but they are too small since they fit me. we both needed a new pair of shoes Now I can use the money I would use to buy a pair for me towards a pair for him. I ant too picky they were free. and in good shape, better to be used then tossed in the trash..
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM
And that is why you post a current picture. Put a picture of it without the stickers and all clean and then try to sell it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)