Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter has a recurring weird bruise

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:26 PM
  • 16 Replies
She is 3.5 and has always bruised easy but once a month or so she is getting the exact same bruise on the bony prominence of the right elbow , it's so weird ....
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheRingmaster
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Not really
It's a commonly hit area.
articmom

One month ago
articmom

Today
articmom
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:29 PM
It really is weird though the bruise looks exactly the same each time ... I hit the same spot on the same thing and the bruise never looks the exact same ...

Quoting TheRingmaster: Not really
It's a commonly hit area.
Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:29 PM
I would get that checked out. You might want to have blood work done. That bruise looks vicious.
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Well it is a commonly hit area so not that strange but if something is telling you something is wrong bring it up to her DR. 

articmom
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM
It does and it's unlike her other ones and it comes back in the same spot with no trauma that I have seen

Quoting Night_Roane: I would get that checked out. You might want to have blood work done. That bruise looks vicious.
MusherMaggie
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Does she lean on that elbow while sitting at a particular table, at home or somewhere she goes regularly? As other posters have said, it's worth having bloodwork done if she bruises that easily.
articmom
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM
I have an appointment for tomorrow I just hate taking her in for bruising the first time I did they called CPS on me , it was terribly embarrassing.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Well it is a commonly hit area so not that strange but if something is telling you something is wrong bring it up to her DR. 

articmom
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Not at home , but I have made her preschool aware so they can keep an eye on it too.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Does she lean on that elbow while sitting at a particular table, at home or somewhere she goes regularly? As other posters have said, it's worth having bloodwork done if she bruises that easily.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)