Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want her fired....but I want her to leave dh alone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 275 Replies
3 moms liked this

Dh and I have a shared email address and then each have our own.  Today there was an email to dh from a lady he works with. 

Xxxx,

i just wondering why you never accept my lunch invitations or drinks.  I know you are married but I don't know why she would care.  I just think we could be friends. And really you dint have to tell your wife.  What she doesn't know won't hurt her.

Sxxxxx

i wanted to reply. I asked him about it and he said she texts him almost daily.  He showed me the trail.  All of them her asking for lunch, coffee, drinks or whatever..  All of them with him saying no.  She is a single mom with three kids,  I know she is probably lonely...and dh can be a great listener. I was thinking of asking her out for drinks myself.  Kind of show her that I don't see her as a threat...but a friendship like that with dh is not appropriate.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:03 PM
73 moms liked this

I don't know that I would invite her into my life at all. She seems a little crazy...like, single white female nuts.

Loveavision
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM
9 moms liked this
I think your idea of asking her out for drinks is really sweet. But, yeah. I'd be a little irritated with her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:05 PM
16 moms liked this

I wouldn't ask her out for drinks.She is lonely for a man,not a female friend.

JennPearce
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM
7 moms liked this

I wouldn't feel comfortable having a woman in my life like that at all. She needs to lay off and take a hint lol.

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM
38 moms liked this

I'd reply: He's not interested, Leave my husband alone.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM
23 moms liked this
Don't ask her out for drinks now. She's definitely been inappropriate with your DH with the whole "what she doesn't know won't hurt" thing.
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM
7 moms liked this

I'm not a jealous woman, hub and I are both friends with the opposite sex, not a biggie. But that I would not be happy with especially if hub told her NO.  Although it is his responsibilty to put a stop to it.  I would be pissed if I had to be the one to put a stop to it lol

halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd say "no means no" and ignore her, block the number and emails.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erna2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:11 PM
8 moms liked this

My only question is, how did she get his email and phone number unless he gave it to her....

702girly
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd laugh at how pathetic she is. Seriously, how many times does he have to say no before she gets the hint that he doesn't want to be her friend?

I wouldn't want to associate with someone like that. How pathetically desperate. It would be just as pathetic if it was a man doing the same thing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)