Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Daughter Drove Herself Home After Surgery!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:40 PM
  • 14 Replies

Last Sunday my husband brought me down here to Texas so I could help my daughter after her surgery.  Wow!  I never knew what a tummy tuck entailed!  No thanks, I'd rather stay fat.  But since she lost 120 pounds she had lots of extra skin on her stomach, it kind of looked like a kangaroo pouch.  Well, they cut open her abdomen and sliced her muscles and 'tightened' them.  Then they cut off the extra skin and sewed her back up.  OUCH!

I went to pick her up today.  The first time I slammed on the brakes, the seat belt cut into her stomach.  She ordered me to pull over and let her drive.  That was fine with me.  I was in a large town, Dalllas, that I didn't know and scared wittless of the way people drive here.  I finally got her home and into bed.  I am now at her beck and call.

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Omgoodness! I need that surgery and a breast lift and I'm scared!

I hope she heals swiftly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Oh my. I literally cannot remember 3 full days of my life after I had my bread implants put in, no way could I have driven safely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Sounds horrible.
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Congrats to her on her weight loss. Wishing her a speedy recovery.
Donna.June
by Pigpen on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:47 PM
The traffic in Dallas is crazy with all that flipping construction! And the damn drivers refuse to use turn signals!

I get so stressed driving through there. And I was born and raised there. Lol
Bri060492
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Ouch. I wouldn't have let her drive. I just had surgery and I'm so tired and not alert at all.
nanny1918
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:52 PM
I hope she has a speedy recovery.
iloveu4ever
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM
My mom lost. Ton of weight. She got her arms, legs, belly all done at one time. U aren't supposed to do it like that however she knew she'd never go back again. She was a real mess. If was actually very scary.

Best of luck to u both. Watch out for showers, my mom passed out in the shower, my dad had to catch her. He was so angry because to him it's a dangerous thing to bring on urself when he loved her the way he was. I of course understood both of them. I hope we never have to deal with that again. Again hope all goes well.
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I'm sorry anon 1, but I have too, it's too funny, bread implants?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh my. I literally cannot remember 3 full days of my life after I had my bread implants put in, no way could I have driven safely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Yes, it was a very painful procedure ;-)

Quoting cutebaby06:

I'm sorry anon 1, but I have too, it's too funny, bread implants?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh my. I literally cannot remember 3 full days of my life after I had my bread implants put in, no way could I have driven safely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)