Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I wrong for being upset? Wwyd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Ok so a quick backstory: My Fil cheated on Mil a couple years ago and stayed with his mistress. The woman he cheated with is just awful. She's bitchy and rude and has been trying to push Dh and I out of fil's life from the get go. Fil is basically whipped, he has only pictures of her family and grand kids in his house and none of us or our kids.

So last Christmas, he told everyone that he and her were going to Hawaii soon to get married. No big ceremony just him and her and their moms.

Fast forward to this November- we see a post on Facebook of him and her with her kids and grand kids in Hawaii for the wedding. They invited her family but not ours and didn't even tell us they were going. To top it off they had a big article in the newspaper (both are "local celebrities") and they told the paper that both his kids and hers were in attendance. So now everyone is asking us when we went to Hawaii.

The wedding was on Nov 13 and Fil still has yet to even mention his wedding to dh. I'm upset because I think it's rude how he handled it and it hurts me that he included her grandson in the wedding but didn't even invite his own grandson.

I want to say somthing but I'm not a confrontational person. Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:50 PM
2 moms liked this
You aren't going to win this battle. He has chosen her and maybe, someone in the future when he is less "love stuck", he will come back around to reality. I've been there. You can't control what other people do, just your reaction to it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Yea it's a sad situation, I feel bad for dh because I know it bothers him. He still expects us to come to Christmas and I really just want to tell him to fuck off.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You aren't going to win this battle. He has chosen her and maybe, someone in the future when he is less "love stuck", he will come back around to reality. I've been there. You can't control what other people do, just your reaction to it.
ginnie_21
by Ginnie on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Have dh confront him and try to stay out of this mess
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd post an editorial about them and what did and did not happen lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM
3 moms liked this

I would call the local paper and ask them to print a retraction.  Make it clear that his children were not included.

julie515
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a confrontational person so I would call him and say, "nice to know we aren't family. Hope your new step kids like wiping your butt when you are old because unless you change we are not going to help you out. Call us back when you grow up."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM
I don't think there's anything to be gained by confronting him. If he wants to cut you guys out of his life, then you just have to accept it (as painful as that may be).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:59 PM
I don't blame you. Luckily for me my dad and his new wife (whom he cheated on my step mom with) live across the country so I can avoid those situations.

I think DH needs to talk to him about it. Although, I doubt much will change. He is in the blind love phase, it took my Dad a few years to realize new "step mom" is not god's gift like he thought and I know he regrets some decisions he made during that time.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yea it's a sad situation, I feel bad for dh because I know it bothers him. He still expects us to come to Christmas and I really just want to tell him to fuck off.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You aren't going to win this battle. He has chosen her and maybe, someone in the future when he is less "love stuck", he will come back around to reality. I've been there. You can't control what other people do, just your reaction to it.
katydid150
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Stay out of it and let your DH do any talking to him at this point. I would, however, put my foot down and decline to go to Christmas at fil's house. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Your fil chose her over family.

My fil did the same thing. He chose his wife and her kids over his own children and even his mother. Nobody in his family will even talk to him anymore.

This type of situation, you basically just have to sit back and let it play out on its own.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)