Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working moms, how do you...

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:54 PM
  • 76 Replies

Keep up with your housework? I'm only working 20 hours per week at a physically and mentally exhausting job as well as writing product reviews for extra money...And I find myself struggling to keep the house cleaned up. I have one day off per week and my husband always teels me to do something fun with friends; I tell him I should catch up on housework but he's so sweet :) I make all the meals, run errands and do all the shopping but I can't keep up with everything else. My job is physically exhausting so I'm pretty useless at the end of a shift. How do you full time workers do it? Do you save it all for weekends?

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ilaynasmommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:56 PM
how do you get into the review thing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greenenvy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:56 PM
How do you get started writing product reviews for money??? And I'm not to sure, I'm lucky that my SO and kids are really clean neat people naturally.
StoicLife
by Katerina on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Honestly...it's tough.  I have definitly learned to not stress and to pick my battles.  I try to do a little each day but there are some days I have no energy.  I've had to learn over the past year or so that i need to pick my battles...I don't put rules or expectations on myself.  My husband has a very demanding job also so it's mainly me cleaning but he does pitch in when he has the time and energy. 

momwriter
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM

I found the ad on Craigslist. they hired me to write one review (after sending me the product) and then decided to hire me permanently. 

Quoting Ilaynasmommy: how do you get into the review thing?

articmom
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Pretty much I do the necessities and forget about the rest .... I work 45-60 hrs as a CNA sometimes my hubby helps on the weekends I work and that is amazing.
StreetsAhead
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:59 PM
We all do it as we go on.
Plus we have a cleaner twice a week
momwriter
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I responded to an ad on Craigslist and am being mailed products to review and am paid to review them (higher pay for positive reviews so hopefully the stuff doesn't suck!)

Quoting Greenenvy: How do you get started writing product reviews for money??? And I'm not to sure, I'm lucky that my SO and kids are really clean neat people naturally.

teri4lance
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I have housekeepers that come every other monday

ShoeStrings
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I quit worrying about it lol.

I have 2 kids and DH's little brother lives with us too, dh works out of town all week, I am taking a full load plus an extra class in grad school, plus I have a 20 hour a week GA positon. So the house is right about last on my list right now!

As long as the dishes are clean, trash is out, clothes are washed, and it's picked up at the end of the night I'm good. My boys have daily chores to help out, today they vacuumed and cleaned the bathroom. So little stuff like that helps. Luckily DH is also very helpful (even though he's only home on weekends). 

Just do your best and don't sweat it. I learned a spotless house isn't all it's cracked up to be ;)

momwriter
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:02 PM

You're lucky to have a cleaner twice a week! Do you work full time? I'd love to have one every 2 weeks!

Quoting StreetsAhead: We all do it as we go on. Plus we have a cleaner twice a week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)