Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Equal gifts for the stepkids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 125 Replies
I have one sd and one ss. SD is 13 and lives with us. SS is 10 and visits. (Two different bm's). This year for Christmas sd is getting some expensive gifts - a laptop, a new softball glove, a new coat, new shoes - but they are really needs, because she has to have the laptop for school (or I have to continue taking her to the library EVERY night for her math assignment online!), and her old softball glove is completely worn out.

For ss we haven't gotten him much. He doesn't really NEED anything, and we've already spent more money than we probably should have on sd. I don't want to spend more money that we don't have on crap that will sit in the closet. There are still unopened boxes in there from last year. The only thing ss wants is a PS4, which is absolutely not in the budget and wouldn't get much use anyway, even if we did get one.

I don't know what to do :( Any suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:29 PM

What does the father say?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Ummm, we're both wondering what to do? He's my dh - we do talk :) if he had a solution, well...

Quoting Anonymous 2:

What does the father say?

myshoes
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Sounds like you are ok with it not being equal my dh and I would not be.
So I can't really help, but here is a bump.
Avialae
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:32 PM
I would get everyone the same. I don't have step kids anymore, and my SO only has my kids, but that was the standard when I did.
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
What about getting him a laptop too?
gabandsheasmom
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Being that he's a little younger I would stick to the budget since he's only there part time and his stuff isn't necessitates like her, he'll still be happy I'm sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

They are both equally his children, and I think they should be treated equally.  That includes presents.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:34 PM
That would be a great idea if we had enough money for it. We got sd a cheap one as it is, and can't afford another.

Quoting macbudsmom: What about getting him a laptop too?
momasaurus420
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
You can find tablets on Amazon or eBay for like $50.
MelDyann
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM
7 moms liked this
Instead of getting her a laptop, why not buy a family computer that everyone is the house could use.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)