Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The most vile bathroom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
And I got to spent 4 hours cleaning it today :(.

I'm a housekeeper and I was told not to go in to this guys room and bathroom unless he asked me. I was finally asked to clean it and oh my!

The bedroom area was so dusty I went through 5 swifffer cloths ( really great for dusting) JUST on the electronics. I had to remove and clean about 60 lotions/colognes/vitamins whatnot from the dresser top alone so I could dust.

The bathroom was tiny but had a giant square ceramic tub. There was mold, dead cockroaches, rust, petrified soap scum, pee encrusted toilet with pubic hair all over the place. Everywhere I moved I bumped into something nasty. I had to will myself not to vomit.

What's the worst thing you've ever cleaned?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
FoxFire363
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:49 PM
I once had to clean out a toilet that someone had shit in after the water had been shut off and it had been left to sit for days. That was pretty fucking awful.
ColesMommy63005
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:52 PM
I hope you got paid real fuckin well. That's so nasty.
I could never be a house keeper. I would probably vomit all day lol.
julie515
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Ummm, toddler poop? When I was 14, I worked at a grocery store. Someone managed to cover the entire bathroom including the ceiling in poop. They (coworkers not my boss) told me to clean it. I refused since that was NOT my job. And I hate picking up cigarette butts left outside, but I wore gloves and washed my hands after.

wait, my answer is vomit. I can't deal with it. When my kids or dogs throw up, I run. But when my husband was deployed, I had to clean it. I often paused to throw up while cleaning their mess. Ugh. I cannot deal with that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:01 PM
I cleaned a bathroom that hadn't been cleaned in damn near 15 years. I moved in with a coworker when i was kicked out of my ex's place. Everything in that bathroom started out brown, yellow, or black- floors, tub, toilet, sink, counters, walls. After I cleaned it, the toilet and tub was white, the floors were blue tile, the sink was blue porcelain, counters were a pale yellow tile, and the walls were green. It was so disgusting.
He had friends coming over, like, damn dude you finally remodeled your bathroom. Mmmm, nope. His sister came up to me and quietly thanked me for cleaning it.
the_dude
by abides on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:04 PM

My ex hoarder of a MIL's house... before she moved out... it was awful, the whole place, just fucking disgusting... 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:05 PM
My MIL's house is the worst I've ever been in, but I didn't clean it. I turned around and walked the fuck OUT of that place.

It was straight out of that show Hoarders.
Spare.Time
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:10 PM

I have a very weak stomach.  Some smells are impossible for me handle and will cause me to vomit almost immediately.  Filthy sticky smelly bathrooms are one of those smells.  I've run out of some public restrooms throwing up. It's gross.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:32 PM
12 an hour, not the best pay for that particular job. It was especially grim since I spent 4 hours last night dealing with a crou attack with my 3 year old and the the early morning getting kids ready for school or grandma (sitter) by myself. Then went to the doc and pharmacy before work and grandma.

I ran home and took a shower and changed clothes before getting my kids from my moms house. I didn't want them to touch me, who knows what was on me.

Quoting ColesMommy63005: I hope you got paid real fuckin well. That's so nasty.
I could never be a house keeper. I would probably vomit all day lol.
schultzal
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Ohhhh gross. I hope you make lots of $$$!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)