Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gifts for step kids...help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
We don't get them often, longest duration is in the summer. They are 9 and 10, boy and girl. We are right on money this year due to unforeseen circumstances. My son who lives with us 95% of the time is bound to get many more gifts from my family, it's not step kids are unloved it's what's the point if they don't get to play with their stuff for very long.
what are some good gift ideas? Our budget is $75/kid.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Bump
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Why can't they take their gifts home with them??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Unforeseen circumstances. Right. You and every other post here on Cafemom.

PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I bet since THEY are the ones that are buying the gifts they have to stay at their house. Heaven for bid they get more use out of them.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:47 PM

well, what do they like?  What do they already have that you can build on?  I could buy 2 or 3 xbox games for my 11 year old for $75.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:53 PM

I mean seriously. She said they won't get to play with them that long. Whyy?? Do they make Aunt Sally keep the sweater they got her at their home too when she leaves? I must know the answer to this.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I bet since THEY are the ones that are buying the gifts they have to stay at their house. Heaven for bid they get more use out of them.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Actually their mother takes it away, sells it to buy them something from her and what not. She doesn't want them to have anything that reminds them of their dad. Plus, they need something here when they do come spend time with their dad. Know the facts lady otherwise I would. I've spent $500 on clothes for them and they still get sent to us in rags.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I mean seriously. She said they won't get to play with them that long. Whyy?? Do they make Aunt Sally keep the sweater they got her at their home too when she leaves? I must know the answer to this.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:12 PM
New vehicle since the engine Shit out in our last rig. :/

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Unforeseen circumstances. Right. You and every other post here on Cafemom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:16 PM
I was thinking of going to game stop and trading their Xbox for a Wii...they don't pay that much when they are here. Boy likes mine craft and I don't know what that is exactly, pokemon, guns, camo stuff...
girl likes my little pony and sweets (but her mom has her on a diet even though she should be treated for her hypothyroidism). She's very materialistic and doesn't hold an interest in anything for long. Easy to shop for her but the fact she loses interest so quick is what's killing me.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

well, what do they like?  What do they already have that you can build on?  I could buy 2 or 3 xbox games for my 11 year old for $75.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Do they have an xbox 360?  I wouldn't trade that for a Wii, Wii isn't very good for gaming, it's more for younger kids.  I think Minecraft for xbox 360 costs $20.  Do either of them like building things?  there are minecraft lego sets, my 11 year old loves the Knex roller coasters and the lego technic kits, they have motors and moving parts.  You could buy some nerf guns for them.  Do they have ipods or anything like that?  You could buy them accessories for those, or itunes cards.  If the girl likes My little pony, there are these really cute bracelets at Toys r Us.  The bracelet costs $5 and comes with one pony and a charm and a bead, and you can buy other blind-bag packs to build on the bracelet.  The blind packs only cost $1.49--I think they're called MLP squishy-pops.  FYI, don't buy the packs that rattle when you shake them, they are beads.  The pony packs don't make a sound when you shake them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I was thinking of going to game stop and trading their Xbox for a Wii...they don't pay that much when they are here. Boy likes mine craft and I don't know what that is exactly, pokemon, guns, camo stuff... girl likes my little pony and sweets (but her mom has her on a diet even though she should be treated for her hypothyroidism). She's very materialistic and doesn't hold an interest in anything for long. Easy to shop for her but the fact she loses interest so quick is what's killing me.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)