Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exodus

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

Just wondering what everyone's opinion of this is. Also wondering if your faith has anything to do with your opinion on it.

Personally, I think it looks great and I'm looking forward to watching it. My born again southern baptist mother is highly offended. "How dare they make my God out like some fairy tale. He's not Thor or whatever!" Exact words, earned her a stern talk from her strongly polytheistic mother and a bit of a gigglesnort from me.

Either way, it looks like they're sticking true to the story and I think that's pretty cool. Thoughts?

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm looking forward to it. I'm the same religion as your mother.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm looking forward to it. I'm Lutheran, I don't mind if they make it Thor-esque.
the_dude
by abides on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a very good movie, I had to screen it the other day, for work, I am not religious in the least and I enjoyed it very much, from a cinematic standpoint. 

doomshroom
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll definitely watch it when it comes out on DVD. It looks pretty good. I'm not at all religious, but I do enjoy a good movie. It's no different than watching any other kind of mythological story as far as I'm concerned. Like 300 or Clash of the Titans. I know Noah pissed a lot of people off, but I liked it.

Df's extremely southern baptist family will probably hate it as much as they hated Noah, though. But oh well, we'll let them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)