Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I finally did it

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM
  • 40 Replies

So, my mother and I have been clashing for about the past 2 months now, with everything. I pay her to watch my son while I attend college during the late evenings. She comes through the door as I'm reading to the baby, and upon hearing her he goes to run to her, expecting to be picked up. She shoves him, and he falls to the floor, puzzled and obviously hurt. And then she responds "I'm here for the money kid, your mother doesn't like when I repremand her, so I'm detaching myself from you" and proceeds to walk to the other room and light a cigerette. It enraged me but I stood shut. My son follows her to the other room with his ball, and again she makes a comment, "No. no I don't play with you anymore, I'm just the baby sitter." And I lost it. I told her that she was most likely going to die a lonely miserable woman because all she does is hurt peoples feelings, and that maybe shed have more people in her life if she wasn't an alcoholic. She stood there in a state of shock. At this point, IDC about her tears. I've stood shut long enough.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
djamommyoftwo
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Do you live with her?
firebird78
by JKL's mom on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM
😡
anonymoustwo
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you. She sounds toxic. Stay strong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
If she's like that, why even let her watch your kid?
LilyRuiz213
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM

No, I very recently moved. I was living with her for a while, paying half the rent because I couldn't afford to live on my own just yet. But out of no where she just snapped, and I mean on everyone in the family about everything. I couldn't take it anymore, and I left. But now that I'm gone, it has actually gotten worse. 

Quoting djamommyoftwo: Do you live with her?

CafeMom Tickers

LilyRuiz213
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Because I don't have anyone else to watch him while I attend class in the evening, and I don't trust the hire off the internet nannies.

Quoting Anonymous 1: If she's like that, why even let her watch your kid?

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:05 PM
I wouldn't want her babysitting if I was you.
LilyRuiz213
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Thank you. She has definitely become very toxic, it's become extremely unhealthy, for her and for everyone around her. I am trying to maintain my composure but when you shove my son to the ground, composure is lost. 

Quoting anonymoustwo: Good for you. She sounds toxic. Stay strong.

CafeMom Tickers

LilyRuiz213
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I don't have many baby sitting options but I am looking into others. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: I wouldn't want her babysitting if I was you.

CafeMom Tickers

JanineDeer
by Janine on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Wow she sounds like such a peach.   I really do hope you find a nice sitter.   You are to be highly praised for going to school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)