Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is my back jaw n mouth hurting too...ughhh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
So a few days back my throat had started to get sore. Well today I woke up to more pain. When I swallow a sharp pain goes threw to my ear but the back of my jaw aches. When I close my mouth it kills my back teeth. Feels like someone is squeezing my teeth tightly together. Eating hurts..when I bite down it ache's my whole mouth.

I haven't ever had a tooth ache but I do have TMJ.
Could my jaw be from the ear ache?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this
No more marathon blow jobs for dh, tell him to hurry the hell up!
Lambchoppy
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Eyeroll. It could be ear ache and tmj. There are some chiropractors that can adjust tmj. You should google it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Lol if that was the problem I would "band head"! ;)

Quoting Anonymous 2: No more marathon blow jobs for dh, tell him to hurry the hell up!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Thank you! I will see what I can find.

Quoting Lambchoppy: Eyeroll. It could be ear ache and tmj. There are some chiropractors that can adjust tmj. You should google it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. The tmj is agravating your ear ache. You probably keep swallowing which makes your jaw clench which messes with your ear.
allsolittle
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Tooth abcess?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:19 PM
No .. There is nothing even out of the ordinary! I have never had a tooth ache before but I had dh playing dentist to make sure. . Abcess,that like ....infection near a tooth?

Quoting allsolittle: Tooth abcess?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Oooooh you know..come to think of it,I was swallowing alot the other night before bed. I was dry mouth and sore throat. Didn't think that would happen!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yes. The tmj is agravating your ear ache. You probably keep swallowing which makes your jaw clench which messes with your ear.
allsolittle
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Yeah. I've had abcessed teeth that hurt my jaw, my head.. I've also had babies completely natural, that hurt less than my accessed teeth.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No .. There is nothing even out of the ordinary! I have never had a tooth ache before but I had dh playing dentist to make sure. . Abcess,that like ....infection near a tooth?

Quoting allsolittle: Tooth abcess?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:27 PM
I know if I do alot of swallowing (soda, water, etc) I pay for it later. I lock up and get super sore.

I can't chew gum for long, lolly are bad if they are round (flat is ok cause I can space it ) and hard candies are bad. I drink mostly w straws now cause you don't have that award open jaw swallow motion.

I tried a night guard but keeping my mouth that way all night proved hard.

I would try warm compresses on the sore side and sleeping on the opposite side tonight.

Good luck

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oooooh you know..come to think of it,I was swallowing alot the other night before bed. I was dry mouth and sore throat. Didn't think that would happen!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yes. The tmj is agravating your ear ache. You probably keep swallowing which makes your jaw clench which messes with your ear.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)