Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nicknames

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Okay so i need some cute nicknames for my babies! a 3 1/2 year old boy and a 16 month baby girl!

There names don't have nicknames, or none that me and my husband can agree on, so are there any nicknames for baby girl/boy you guys can think of like Gigi? My daughters name starts with a G, my sons name starts with a c, but it can be anything. There names are formal i get sick of saying they're long names lol and i guess im pretty uncreative.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:13 PM
2 moms liked this
IME, nicknames are better when they are either a short version of the first name or they happen organically as a result of their personality.
jessymoka
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:14 PM
It'd be easier to give suggestions if you shared their names rather than just the first letter. You are anonymous so why not share?
.PinkSunshine.
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:14 PM

The name usually comes from their personality or part of their names.

My 4 yr old is Mikey and my 7 yr old is Mr. Parrot :P I think everyone can guess why I call him that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:14 PM
What are their names?
AvantGardener
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:15 PM

I call my kids peanut, monkey, or beans...so....I'm no help.

jessymoka
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree.
My 13 year old has been cha-cha for 8+ years... She was 3 or 4 and put on her new bathing suit and started dancing. She said, "Mom! Look at me I'm a cha-cha girl!"
Sometimes I call her chach. She answers to it. It's original and like you suggested it just happened naturally.

Quoting AngelSinger: IME, nicknames are better when they are either a short version of the first name or they happen organically as a result of their personality.
TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Our family nicknames happened naturally. They came from the person's preferences, habits, personality or appearance.
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:21 PM
My kids are Sissy, Bubba, Monkey & Punky/Bad Baby.
DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:23 PM
My oldests nickname is bug.. (She followed bugs everywhere when she was little).

My 13yr olds nickmame is bubba (self explanatory)

My 11yr old dd her nickname is miss may. (May is her middle name)

My 7yr old ds his nickname is little man ( he acts just like his dad)

As you see, we went with nicknames with stuff that just stuck. Don't have to rhyme or be thesame letter as the begining of their name. Just go with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:23 PM
My son has a name that's already short so there is no shortening further, however I have a habit with using nicknames. Mostly I just call him by Spanish terms: mijo, jito, mijito, sapito, patito, chiquito, pansito (travieso or mocoso if he is being bad lol), etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)