Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I find women who constantly bring attention to the fact that they're wives of service members to be seriously

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 550 Replies
23 moms liked this
Pretentious and annoying. I mean, seriously. Wives of military members have to be the most annoying collective group of women that exist. Do you see women constantly referring to themselves as 'banker wives' or 'construction worker wives' or 'business owner wives' as if that "title" makes them somehow distinguished? Lol...no.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:23 AM
14 moms liked this
I actually agree with you. They act as if they're some elite group of women and as if they're more important that other "regular" wives.
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:23 AM
51 moms liked this

It doesn't bother me. I think it just shows how proud of their men they are - and they should be, imo. *shrugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! It boggles my mind and annoys the crap out of me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I actually agree with you. They act as if they're some elite group of women and as if they're more important that other "regular" wives.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
We're all proud of our men. We don't all act like the though.

Quoting KyBugsMommy815:

It doesn't bother me. I think it just shows how proud of their men they are - and they should be, imo. *shrugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:25 AM
9 moms liked this
Are you jealous?
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:25 AM
80 moms liked this
I think it's mentioned more often because our lifestyle is so completely different than that of a civilian wife (for the most part. There are a couple exceptions).

We live differently than you do, so sometimes the distinction needs to me made. Like if I'm joining a new group and post an intro, I will include it. Because it's such a huge part of my life.

And yes there is a certain pride that comes along with it. I don't see anything wrong with being proud of your husband and supportive of him. *shrugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:25 AM
2 moms liked this
It's pretentious. They aren't any more proud of their 'men' than any other wife. They just feel the need to constantly feel important because of their husband's career choice....like they need their own special "title". Lol....it's freaking goofy.

Quoting KyBugsMommy815:

HeavenonEarth81
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep, that shit is annoying. I have a family member like that so I just ignore her. I was once a military wife and I never acted like that but the majority of them did. 

kristin_1984
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:26 AM
15 moms liked this
I was a military wife for 10 years and never referred myself as one to others. I also never went around feeling sorry for myself when he deployed because I knew what he signed up for when he joined
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:27 AM
3 moms liked this
Why in the world would I be jealous of their husband's career choice that pays next to nothing, even including their allowances?

Quoting Anonymous 3: Are you jealous?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)