Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So tired of seeing "I need help" posts

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
In my facebook groups. Did all of these people forget that Christmas is DEC 25?!

Sooooo much begging. It's pathetic.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:32 AM
2 moms liked this

and how is here any different? beside the fact that those kind of things are posted here year 'round lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:34 AM
It is pathetic. Save a little all year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM
Lmao. It's not that bad on here. Every other post on Facebook is someone saying "times have been rough"

Quoting Amybelle:

and how is here any different? beside the fact that those kind of things are posted here year 'round lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Same here. Sooo many people in my city are asking for free presents. Smh

Quoting Anonymous 2: It is pathetic. Save a little all year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Begging started in the middle of october in the groups I am in. Begging for food, cloths, money, child things etc etc.

It's like if you know your gonna have hard times why not save alittle every month so you can afford thanksgiving/xmas dinner or gifts for your little ones.
I feel bad for the children...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:36 AM
I haven't seen that on FB
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:40 AM
I am on a yard sale page on facebbok. This girl who said she has nothing was trying to sell a dollar store shampoo (that was used) for 5 dollars...I guess you should tell these people they could try that.
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:42 AM
Ya know, I get it. I've always had the same opinion until it happened to me. Well similar anyway, I wouldn't speak about someone that way and I always try to help.

I had savings and all the good stuff(4x monthly bills). Then I got a parking ticket(for going 2 over), my car needs major repairs, my grandma passed, got told to leave where I was staying, my son had a growth spurt after I purchased his new wardrobe, I needed a tooth pulled, weve both been sick for 4 months, so on and so fourth. If I hadn't already bought his gifts I'd be in the same boat.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:48 AM
I haven't seen anything on Facebook.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:13 AM
4 moms liked this
I'm tired of hearing peoe say stupid shit like Christmas is the same day every year, save money all year!

Has anyone ever heard of UNEXPECTED expenses?!?? I had Christmas all planned, saved money, put gifts on Layaway and then I had to have emergency surgery that left me with a 13.9 cm long, 4.5 cm wide and 7.9 cm deep gapping wound, that had to be reopened 2x. I was not able to work, let alone work extra to earn extra. I also had to pay co-pays for all prescriptions and dr appointment plus pay out of pocket for the things my insurance didn't cover. I still have a 4.4 cm long, 2.1 cm wide and 3.0 cm deep wound!

Should my kids have to suffer because I unexpectedly got sick and had a bunch of added medical bills to go with it? I was in the hospital 2x (a total of 11 days). My plans went out the door, the layaway had to be cancelled because when it comes down to it we need food to eat, a warm roof over our heads and running water more than anything else!

Things do happen! I understand people frustration when people are constantly begging for things but not everyone is trying to con you! There is a difference when someone seriously in need and can provide proof of the unexpected expenses or when someone is just trying to con someone! Don't griup everyone together!!!

An example of some one trying to con people is a woman on my local Craigslist that comes on EVERY year and I swear she has the post saved somewhere it is the same post EVERY single year. Single mom with bad heart looking for a special angel for my 2 kids 15 and 16 (those kids have been the same age for 5 years)! I missed all of the places for assistance. The funny thing is she posts it the day after the cut off for the last program. Now THAT is a con! I began to get suspicious after the 2nd year so I saved it because it sounded SOO familar, the next year SAME exact post and every year since! People like that is what makes it hard for others who really are in need due to unexpected circumstances.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)