Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Driving While Black

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the_dude
by abides on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:50 AM
2 moms liked this
I used to get pulled over for driving while white in Detroit. They always thought I was trying to score drugs... why else would a little white girl be in the D...? *eyeroll*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:52 AM
So you feel me?

Quoting the_dude: I used to get pulled over for driving while white in Detroit. They always thought I was trying to score drugs... why else would a little white girl be in the D...? *eyeroll*
the_dude
by abides on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:03 AM
Indeed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:10 AM

I live in a very diverse city. Right now I live in a predominately black neighborhood (im white) & I get pulled over & harassed by the police. The police do a lot of illegal shit here in my city. They once stopped my dh while walking home from work because he fit a description, he looks like most black men in my city, they threw him up against a wall & put their guns to his head. 3 officers with 3 guns to his head while they searched him. He didn't have anything on him & it's illegal for a cop to put their gun on your head. He came home that night with marks on his head from the guns. He's also been arrested for fitting a description & spent almost a week in jail because it was over a holiday weekend. He saw a judge finally & had an alibi, he was at work during the crimes that were committed. While he was in jail they stole his phone, his shoes & the money he had in his pockets. SMH

eadyT
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:14 AM
Before we moved from our old neighborhood. There was a part of the area not far where the guys hung out and sold drugs. The black kids from our part used ti get pulled over for driving really nice cars. One was from a very good family and was pulled over three times in the same night. Just because his parents gave him a nice car.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:18 AM
I have no words

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I live in a very diverse city. Right now I live in a predominately black neighborhood (im white) & I get pulled over & harassed by the police. The police do a lot of illegal shit here in my city. They once stopped my dh while walking home from work because he fit a description, he looks like most black men in my city, they threw him up against a wall & put their guns to his head. 3 officers with 3 guns to his head while they searched him. He didn't have anything on him & it's illegal for a cop to put their gun on your head. He came home that night with marks on his head from the guns. He's also been arrested for fitting a description & spent almost a week in jail because it was over a holiday weekend. He saw a judge finally & had an alibi, he was at work during the crimes that were committed. While he was in jail they stole his phone, his shoes & the money he had in his pockets. SMH

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Yet some say profiling doesn't exist

Quoting eadyT: Before we moved from our old neighborhood. There was a part of the area not far where the guys hung out and sold drugs. The black kids from our part used ti get pulled over for driving really nice cars. One was from a very good family and was pulled over three times in the same night. Just because his parents gave him a nice car.
LoinND
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I was raised in detroit, 6 mile, I completely know what you are saying!

Quoting the_dude: I used to get pulled over for driving while white in Detroit. They always thought I was trying to score drugs... why else would a little white girl be in the D...? *eyeroll*

eadyT
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:31 AM
The cops who were assigned to that area weren't white. They were presumptuous.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yet some say profiling doesn't exist

Quoting eadyT: Before we moved from our old neighborhood. There was a part of the area not far where the guys hung out and sold drugs. The black kids from our part used ti get pulled over for driving really nice cars. One was from a very good family and was pulled over three times in the same night. Just because his parents gave him a nice car.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:33 AM

I have worse stories. I know some police officers are good people but not in my city. I think they are scum & I'm actually afraid of them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have no words
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)