Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheap Flights

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
Has anyone ever went through Cheap Flights? How was your experience? I went through them for the first time today and I would have to say that I am kind of disappointed with them. When I bought my ticket online it took them almost 3 hours to e-mail me my ticket so I didn't know if it had went through or not. When I called customer service to find out if I had a ticket or not she told me that it would take up to 6 hours to find out if the charge went through. So I finally got my ticket and they had put me onto a later flight which caused me to have to sit in the airport for 7 hours because I showed up for the time that I had bought the ticket for and the time that was on the ticket e-mailed to me. Then when I got to Dallas that flight was delayed a hour ( I know that was not their fault but I was still mad about it). Then I kept getting e-mails that my flight gate was changed. And if anyone knows the Dallas/Fort Worth airport then you know that it is a big pain in the ass going from gate to gate to gate. Finally I just asked someone that worked there where my actual gate was and was able to get there just in time for my flight. I asked why I had kept getting e-mails from them saying my gate was changed and she said that they are famous for doing that to people because if they miss their flight then they have to spend more money to get where they want to go. I would have been extremely pissed if I would have missed my flight.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:48 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:48 AM
Bump
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:53 AM

Never used 'Cheap Flight'.  My DH checkes about 10 sites whenever we need plane tickets.  We have only ever had one issue with an issue with an actual flight...and that was because the airline canceled the flight in the 10 minutes it took us to reserve tickets - the issue was quickly resolved to our satisfaction.

As far as your issues AT the airport...none of that has anything to do with the company you reserved your ticket through - except for having a reservation on a flight different from what you thought.

Flight delays happen....that is just a fact of flying-life.  And as far as the gate-thing....you don't need an email to tell you what gate you are to be at and when.  There are boards all over the airport with that info...instead of running from gate to gate because of an email - look at the big board and all your questions will be answered.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)