Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teachers, is this a inappropriate gift to give

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
Would it be inappropriate to give my children's teachers and bus drivers a Christmas card that the kids signed with a few scratch off in it. I am very busy and dont have the money to get then $5 gift cards each so I thought maybe a few scratch offs. If you were a teacher would you find this offensive or wierd.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:49 AM
I'd think it was a little odd but fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:51 AM

I get my kids  teachers a really lovely Christmas ornament  :)  

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:53 AM
I like scratch off tickets but in mn they are illegal for kids to buy. The gift means more to me if it's from the student. I would rather get a nice picture my student drew.
andi_pandi
by Andrea on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:55 AM
Not inappropriate IMO :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:55 AM
I think it depends on your community. I would think it was a little gutsy (like a gift card to a winery...hint hint), but I don't personally find it inappropriate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:56 AM
That's a nice gift.
kinshipcaremama
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:58 AM
Teachers get so much STUFF as gifts that they don't have space for it all. I think scratch off tickets would be fun and there's always a chance they could win. A nice heart felt letter thanking them for their dedication and hard work would be a great gift, too. Teachers don't always get the acknowledgement they deserve. I think it's great that you're thinking outside the box!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:58 AM

I wouldn't do that personally. Some people are very much against them and it would be a waste of your money. 

woodswalker
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:59 AM
3 moms liked this

Have your child write in the card, " merry Christmas, mrs.  Smith.  I hit the lottery when I got you for my teacher."

susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Except if none of them are winners, you haven't given them anything. It would be better to give nothing than "well maybe you'll be lucky and get a gift here." WHY in the frack do you think you have to give the bus drivers gifts? I swear, in the posts here, people think they have to give gifts to everyone in the freaking school building, from the janitors on up to the principals, and the bus drivers too?  It's trying to curry favor. Give nice cards to everyone except the teachers, one per child, if you must give gifts to the teachers, and stop the insanity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)