Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you do it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Trying to find a way to make some extra cash that works with my schedule. I'd be willing to work part time outside the home. The only problem is my schedule is very hectic. Dh works 7 am to 3pm home by 4 to 4:30pm Monday Thru Friday. I am the one who gets all three boys ready for school in the morning. Take one to choir at 7:40 am every Wednesday, take one to sign language club at 7:30am every Tuesday. I have to drive my 4 year old to preschool Monday thru Friday by 8:30am. I have to have him picked up by 1pm Monday thru Friday. Monday's at 4:40 pm I have to pick my oldest up from pe club, Tuesday night and Thursday night at 5:45pm I have to take my 7 year old to tutoring and pick my son up from karate.

If I got a job I could only work 9am to 12:30pm Monday Thru Friday. Help please! Any ideas on ways to earn some extra income that works around my schedule?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Could you deliver pizza on fir and sat night?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:25 AM

unless you get a babysitting job, no one is going to hire you for 3 1/2 hrs a day.

imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Why couldnt your husband do some of the evening things so you could work at night?
BeachTavern
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Go in at 5 somewhere. Dh can run the kids around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:29 AM
I've been a stay at home mom for the last 8 years. I've allowed myself to become the sole car givers to my children. Dh works full time. Sometimes nights and weekends. I am looking to earn some extra money so we can build back our saving but my inflexible hours suck. No one wants to hire me.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

unless you get a babysitting job, no one is going to hire you for 3 1/2 hrs a day.

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:29 AM
You could stock shelves after hours at stores. It's a part time job for most places and when the kids would be in bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AuntieM
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Are you a crafty person? You could sell stuff on Etsy if you are. I'm opening my own Etsy store in the next month or two so I can start selling hand knit things. jo, I won't get rich but I'll hopefully make a little fun money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:30 AM

that's because jobs don't work around your schedule, you work aound your work schedule.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've been a stay at home mom for the last 8 years. I've allowed myself to become the sole car givers to my children. Dh works full time. Sometimes nights and weekends. I am looking to earn some extra money so we can build back our saving but my inflexible hours suck. No one wants to hire me.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Have you considered a 3rd shift job? I work 4 nights a week 9pm-7am.  It's hard and I go days with only a few hours of sleep, but I am still able to do everything I need to do regarding the children (take the kids to school, pick them up, attend field trips and class parties, ect) without it interferring with my husbands work schedule.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:32 AM
I get that, but at least I'm motivated and trying. That's a first step I guess

Quoting Anonymous 2:

that's because jobs don't work around your schedule, you work aound your work schedule.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've been a stay at home mom for the last 8 years. I've allowed myself to become the sole car givers to my children. Dh works full time. Sometimes nights and weekends. I am looking to earn some extra money so we can build back our saving but my inflexible hours suck. No one wants to hire me.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)