Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids snoop through the wrapped presents under the tree?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:39 AM
  • 34 Replies

My kids like to look at the tags and see what gifts are theirs, feel them, guess what they are, etc. This year I didn't use tags, instead I put their initial small in permanent marker on the back by the tape. Oh, and they are not allowed to touch them this year.

They are freaking out that I'm going to forget who's is who's LOL They really want to know who the big gifts belong to, etc. Soo much fun for me :)

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:41 AM
DS was rummaging through the gifts under the tree just last night, lol.
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Santa brings everything, so there are no gifts out to touch.

But i wouldnt be surprised if they go in my closets when we're not home.
.PinkSunshine.
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:42 AM

They're trying it! Then this morning I forgot I had the box with the Paw Patrol toys in it open on the floor. I meant to wrap it. Omg my 4 yr old Micah went to open that box. I swear I think he saw something because he started crying that he wanted the box :/ He's really trying to ruin Christmas.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:46 AM

I leave the presents hidden until Christmas eve and then place them under the tree that day. Not much snooping can be done.

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:46 AM
No
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM

I always expected him to but Ive never caught him.

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Not until they are wrapped and under the tree and then my son can hardly stand it lol.
Mamajustice92
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:50 AM

If its something like just looking at whose whose and the tags and feeling em....no biggie

but if i caught my kids snooping at their unwrapped gifts hidden in my room or something. Id take everything back, and get them one present thats cheap...im a mean mom 

MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:51 AM
We don't put them out until Christmas Eve when they're in bed, that would drive me nuts.lol
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:51 AM

I put out two big packages earlier this week, one for each of them, and they can't stand it. lol My daughter did peek in a bag we have out, she confessed, but it's for my mother. lol Those are the only 2 gifts under the tree right now that are for them. They know all the rest are for other people. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)