Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going to start charging DH for watching our kids!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
I stopped working because my Dh felt that it would save us money and be better for the kids. I didn't agree at first, but then I got pregnant again and decided too. Well he's such an ass sometimes, saying his money this, he pays this, I should get a job. He also says must be nice to sit around all day, I wish I could stay home and sleep all day... Etc.
This pissed me off because I wake up at 5:30 every morning, make his lunch and coffee, wake him up to get ready. Wake dd up for school, make them breakfast, her lunch, and then I get our ds up 3, for preschool feed him and get him ready as well. All while 9 months pregnant!!! He leaves at 7. I them clean up from breakfast, get the kids stuff together, double check homework, and get ready to head out to drop them off.
I'm 9 months pregnant and I still do all the cleaning, bill paying, grocery shopping, and volunteer at dd's school!!
I do more but we would be here for forever!!! He still makes those horrible "jokes." So I told his ass that from 7:00-5:30 when you get home, I'll be charging what a maid/daycare would. A maids wage while doing household chores, and daycare for when the kids are home. Since he won't agree to me getting a job because daycare and such would be expensive since my ds only is at preschool for 4 hours and then the cost of a newborn. Well now he will pay me until he learns to appreciate all that I do do, like appreciate all that he does!!!! Okay rant over.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:42 AM
He's an asshole, I'm sorry.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Go back to work. Staying at home only work if the husband appreciates it

thetrollcat
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine woudl do that too now and then especially if he was having a shitty day at work which is nearly every day now... Now i have a job and now he is bitching the house is never clean/; I told him to shut the fuck up LOL

Quoting Danesmommy1: He's an asshole, I'm sorry.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Don't take any shit, kitty cat!

Quoting thetrollcat:

Mine woudl do that too now and then especially if he was having a shitty day at work which is nearly every day now... Now i have a job and now he is bitching the house is never clean/; I told him to shut the fuck up LOL

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Ugh, he's a turd. 

thetrollcat
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I never do meow! He knows it but tried time to time. He just bitched again recently and I said ya know dear, the irony about you bitching is that Im now working longer hours than you do half the time and yet you cannot find the energy or time to lift your damn fingers pick up YOUR CLOTHES, and clean up YOUR HOUSE. Meanwhile I pick up after myself, tell the kids to clean up after themselves. He lets things get out of control while Im out of the house well fuck you, you can clean the damn house.

Now I work and I have clogging Monday/Tuesday and he not only has to clean but cook too LOL

Poor bastard.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Don't take any shit, kitty cat!
Quoting thetrollcat:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:53 AM
I plan on it after this baby is about two months old... Maybe three, but until then I'm charging his ass for my services during work hours.... He thinks I'm kidding too, but he won't be laughing when he gets the bill and if he doesn't pay he will have to find another sitter because I'll go to my mom's....

Quoting Rangermom772:

Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Not a bad plan.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I plan on it after this baby is about two months old... Maybe three, but until then I'm charging his ass for my services during work hours.... He thinks I'm kidding too, but he won't be laughing when he gets the bill and if he doesn't pay he will have to find another sitter because I'll go to my mom's....
Quoting Rangermom772:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:57 AM

I'm sorry he's like that :( my husband has never said those things, but we had a relative living with us who would make those comments all the time. She would "jokingly" say hings like "man, I wish you could go to work for me and I could just stay home and rest all day" or "I can't wait to get married, then I can be a stay at home wife and we can be lazy together." She only worked 25 hours a week and when she was home she just watched TV and slept. She ate all her meals with us (which I cooked) she never cleaned her room and certainly never helped around the house. She was 30 years old! Needless to say, she didn't last long here. Now she has an apartment a few miles away and keeps hinting about how messy it is and how she has no time to clean or organize (she wants me to say "oh, I'll come do it for you because I'm just doing nothing anyway!")

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:04 AM
It's so frustrating!!!!!!! Joking or not I'm done with his comments!! He can hardly handle weekends!!! Meaning if I have to go do something, the house gets destroyed, the kids look homeless, it's just all bad....

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I'm sorry he's like that :( my husband has never said those things, but we had a relative living with us who would make those comments all the time. She would "jokingly" say hings like "man, I wish you could go to work for me and I could just stay home and rest all day" or "I can't wait to get married, then I can be a stay at home wife and we can be lazy together." She only worked 25 hours a week and when she was home she just watched TV and slept. She ate all her meals with us (which I cooked) she never cleaned her room and certainly never helped around the house. She was 30 years old! Needless to say, she didn't last long here. Now she has an apartment a few miles away and keeps hinting about how messy it is and how she has no time to clean or organize (she wants me to say "oh, I'll come do it for you because I'm just doing nothing anyway!")

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)