Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Harmless or a big no no?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:00 AM
  • 35 Replies
On a fb garage sale site there are several people selling home made foods like tamales and pies. Several people chimed in and told them it was illegal and that they shouldn't be selling those items without a food permit. Most shrugged it off saying it wasn't a big deal and the whole buyer beware thing.

Today a lady is selling vodka with fruit in it. More people are concerned because the laws for selling alcohol are a lot stricter than for food.

So would you say something or turn her in or shrug your shoulders and move on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Dude, Idk! If I thought (with some evidence; not just pure BS I made up in my head) there was the slightest chance she'd sell to minors I'd do something about it. Otherwise, the LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS can and will ENFORCE LAWS! People used to give each other homemade foods all the time and they were appreciated! Vendors (yes, normal people who cooked their own foods and rented a booth; these people just aren't renting a booth) sold homemade, delicious, ethnic foods at street festivals or fairs. The people so worried about codes & laws don't have to buy anything. Voila! Their asses are covered if something legal does happen, though it's unlikely.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Omg, people really care enough to turn them in? 

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:25 AM
I commented and told her to be careful because if she sold to a minor she would be in trouble and she said she's checking ID

Quoting amje: Dude, Idk! If I thought (with some evidence; not just pure BS I made up in my head) there was the slightest chance she'd sell to minors I'd do something about it. Otherwise, the LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS can and will ENFORCE LAWS! People used to give each other homemade foods all the time and they were appreciated! Vendors (yes, normal people who cooked their own foods and rented a booth; these people just aren't renting a booth) sold homemade, delicious, ethnic foods at street festivals or fairs. The people so worried about codes & laws don't have to buy anything. Voila! Their asses are covered if something legal does happen, though it's unlikely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:27 AM

No I would not care at all. Why would anyone? I don't know that I'd buy home made food from someone I don't know but that's me. People need to geta life.

FoxFire363
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Shrug my shoulders. It's not that serious.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:29 AM
I don't give a big enough shit to turn someone in, no.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Don't care at all.

j3st3r
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:30 AM

I'd wonder for a moment why the administrators of the site didn't do something about it.

Then, I wouldn't care.

Jadegirl1819
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Think of all the people who decorate cakes and stuff from their home.  How about school bake sales.  It's not a big deal.  I do think the woman selling vodka is an idiot and the people buying from her are even bigger idiots.

VicVinegar
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol! You kill me!

Quoting Rangermom772:

Omg, people really care enough to turn them in? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)